Cavers vs. General Population

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cavers vs. General Population

Postby David Grimes » Apr 7, 2011 9:20 pm

The male to female ratio definitely depends on your location. I started a caving group at the university I was attending and most of the members we signed up during campus events were female. While the group was active we had a fairly even male to female ratio on caving trips and on some occasions we had more female cavers during our trips.
David Grimes
Admin

NSS #: 59533
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Underground Society

Postby Jon » Nov 18, 2011 1:48 am

Just found this thread so I'll revive it. Although there are caving guys, due to my weird work hours and their hubbies lack of interes, most of my caving trips have been jokingly referred to as Jon and his harem. Works for me and since they outnumber me I have to stay in line. Yep I like one to 4 to 6 ratio. :kewl:
Jon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 60164
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cochise County Cavers

Postby Tito the Turtle » Nov 19, 2011 2:52 am

muddyface wrote:Ah, I finally have the full listing of the aforementioned maladies, the text was typed with a typewriter so it's a wee bit old but here it is.

WARNING:
The Surgeon General has determined that Caving can cause Cancer, Liver and Lung Disease, Miscarriages, Unwanted Pregnancies, Low Sperm Counts, Brain Tissue Damage, Muscular Dystrophy, Forgetfulness, Left-Leg Paralysis, Internal Hemorrhaging, Geekiness, Carbohydrates Deficiency, Negligence, Slow Motioness, Bureaucracy, Deforestation, Sexual Atrocities, Lack of Personality, Inflation, Heavy Machinery Malfunction, Anaphora, Plagiarism, Lying-to-Congress Disease, Gerrymandering, Incrimination, Schwa Deletion, Non-Confirmation Syndrome, Defenestration, Illiteracy, Sarcasm, Broccoli Overcooking, Frequent Defecation, Gossiping, Getting-Laid-on-the-First-Date-Syndrome, Mass Extinction, Ozone Depletion, Global Warming, Gas Leaks, Hailstorms, Arms Race, Legs Race, Gender Confusion, Transexualism, Misunderstandings, Gibberish, Boredom, Nausea, Vomiting, Hyperbation, Hyperbole, Manuscript Loss, Anarchism, Liposuction, Unsuccessful Barbecuing, Gargling, BONKing, Mavisms, Talking-in-Third-Person-Syndrome, Limosine Overcrowding, Elevator Stalling, Messianism, Low Scoring on Standardized Tests, PBS Pledging, PTA Joining, PTL Propaganda, S&L Bailouts, Dirt Under your Fingernails, Deficit Spending, BL&T Indigestion, Armpit Enlargement, Proletarianization, Antidisestablishmenterianism, Panic, Disillusionment, Asymmetrical Twins, Helmet Head, Appointment Cancellation, Foreplay Disruption, Stuttering, Dogmatism, Bath Tub Clogging, Eviction, Infant Mortality, Cryptorchitis, Shistosomiasis, Nepotism, Baldness, Bad Spelling, Maximum Verbosity, and General Failure in Life.

lol <3 this post.
Troglophile
Tito the Turtle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jon » Nov 20, 2011 1:25 am

Damn, I'll go back to racing, at least that list is much shorter. Hell I had to take three breaks from reading that one!
Jon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 60164
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cochise County Cavers

Postby nathanroser » Nov 21, 2011 1:58 pm

After reviewing the list, I have counted up that caving has caused a total of 37 of these ailments for me.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Previous

Return to Open Talk Forum