Anti-Rant or What's Going Right in Your Life

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Anti-Rant or What's Going Right in Your Life

Postby commanderzoom » Mar 20, 2011 5:43 am

You had your chance to air your grievances in the Rant thread, now it's time to let everyone know what's going right & making you happy.

I'm starting to think this might be "The Week That Things Went Right" for me! Hope this trend continues throughout the year because I'm loving it!

1) Got my truck unstuck & running again yesterday morning--see the rant thread if you don't know what I'm talking about.

2) My husband did a bunch of cleaning around the house AND cooked dinner without me asking him or reminding him to.

3) None of the cats managed to sneak inside so we didn't have to deal with chasing them down & throwing them back out before they could crap in some random place.

4) My daughters played together nicely and quietly yesterday with only a brief "India pinched me! Saffron bit me! Waaaaaaaaaah! MOMMY!!!!! DADDY!!!!!! SHE'S MEAN AND I HATE HER!" freakout--They're slightly less than 2 years apart, 6 & 4 years old, & best frenemies so normally that freakout goes on for I'd say at least 3 hours of every day.

5) I had a huge boil on my boob that hurt more than childbirth & it exploded Friday afternoon while I was taking a short nap. It shot/leaked a lake of pus all over me & the bed--it was the most vile stench I've encountered, even worse than a bloated dead animal that's been laying on a paved MO road in Aug for a few days. Nasty thing left a horrifying path of destruction--big ass hole about a cm in diameter & at least half a cm deep--in it's wake. I completely wigged out over it & Google-foo'd like mad trying to figure out what my chances of dying or having my boob rot off were....go ahead & make fun of me but I've never had a boil before & I'm hypomanic so it screwed with my head in a bad way. I've been cleaning it religiously & taking antibiotics as instructed by Dr. Google & my nurse friend. Now it seems to be completely finished oozing, all the surrounding redness is gone, and while it still kinda hurts it's not something I even need Tylenol for (yesterday I had to take Percoset) so IT'S HEALING!!!

6) We seem to be making progress with our stalker :woohoo:. What went right with that mess is on my "ending a friendship" thread.

7) I jacked up my whole sleep cycle in a bad way by forgetting my mood stabilizer for a few days & going all hypomanic but I took it yesterday & I took it a few minutes ago. I also found one of those weekly pill organizers in the closet & loaded it up. I shouldn't be forgetting any of my meds now because they're all conveniently located together & ready for me to take. Forgetting to take a pill for a few days sounds like a such a small thing but even something that small can make or break a person's life. I'm not a good parent when I'm cycling, even in the early stages, and my children suffer for it because they're too little to understand that I'm not avoiding them because I don't love them but instead because I DO love them & don't want to screw them up any more than I already have. I do it because spending too much time around them when I'm like that would probably be even more damaging at their ages because my behavior has the same negative core traits no matter if I'm hypomanic, manic, or depression. I get way too irritable & snap over everything, my patience flies out the window, I get paranoid about the most idiotic things, I pretty much sh*t all over the people who are closest to me & who love me the most, and I basically just suck all around as a human being. Such a relief to have found a free & easy way to lesson the chances of that happening again any time soon :clap:.
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Re: Anti-Rant or What's Going Right in Your Life

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 20, 2011 10:58 am

I have my thesis defense day set, March 30th.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby nathanroser » Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm

I spent a grand total of 33 hours in caves in West Virginia on my spring break, and found some little holes in the ground worth poking into next time I go back there.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby commanderzoom » Mar 20, 2011 10:00 pm

muddyface1.21 wrote:I spent a grand total of 33 hours in caves in West Virginia on my spring break, and found some little holes in the ground worth poking into next time I go back there.

You lucky SOB! That sounds like a blast, hope you had a great time! I'm totally jealous b/c I haven't been underground since the end of January.
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Postby nathanroser » Mar 21, 2011 9:50 am

commanderzoom wrote:
muddyface1.21 wrote:I spent a grand total of 33 hours in caves in West Virginia on my spring break, and found some little holes in the ground worth poking into next time I go back there.

You lucky SOB! That sounds like a blast, hope you had a great time! I'm totally jealous b/c I haven't been underground since the end of January.

It would have been more if people didn't stay up so late partying, and the weather got nice outside so everyone wanted to go climbing at Seneca Rocks, but alas I am now back in New York where the caves are fewer and far less awesome.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 21, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah MI cavers are fewer and far less awesome than TAG cavers.

I might go to NY at some point though...get a BEW netherland dwarf or two, and visit capoeira friends in Rochester, so maybe we can cave then - I promise I am awesome! lol
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby JR-Orion » Mar 21, 2011 11:26 am

The transmission in my 8 year old car with 85,000 miles died is a truly spectacular way.

And it was under warranty. Didn't cost me a cent. Thank you, 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty. My Tiburon is now back and running super smooth.
Letting the days go by / water flowing underground
Into the blue again / in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones / there is water underground.
JR-Orion
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jasen Rogers
NSS #: 61613
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Iowa Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 21, 2011 3:37 pm

I have manged to suck it up and do some thesis work today despite still feeling like shit. Bit more to do then I will finally have a draft of my presentation ready for my adviser to look at.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby SuperM » Mar 27, 2011 2:01 pm

muddyface1.21 wrote: ...but alas I am now back in New York where the caves are fewer and far less awesome.

You're just not going to the right New York caves. When Merlin's opens, that will be a very awesome New York cave.
SuperM
Infrequent Poster

Name: Morgan Ingalls
NSS #: 61202
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Final draft of the thesis is with my adviser!

I just set up carpool for Bryant's next month in Indiana and I'll finally get to meet Mudpuppy!

I just pre-registered for Speleofest! (HA I put a tshirt on the order so BAH they can't not have one for me like what happened at TAG last fall! Although I ended up getting the missfit longsleeve actually I like longsleeve t's that should be an option more often.) Also awesome is I signed up for the banquet since the person I'm going with down there signed up and said it's good food lol. And I figured "why not?" for the ice cream, one chocolate ice cream cone for Amy!! :D

I am going to pre-register for SERA after I get paid next month.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 28, 2011 7:29 pm

I have a carpool for Speleofest and SERA both now!

I will likely get to cave in MO in 2 weekends!

I have determined all MO cavers are aweshum. One email and so many replies from more than one grotto there (my email to kansas city grotto got forwarded to another grotto or two, just got a phone call as well) but i have an invite for whenever over the next months to come out for a week or two and survey and ridgewalk and stuff and I just freakin' emailed earlier today. And dude cracks me up. Called me "Hard-Traveling Speleofreak with the Rabbit Habit and Mud in the Blood". I'm on cloud 9 right now! :woohoo: and is telling me all this info about crazy caving groups out there that sound absolutely a hoot and holler and dangnabbit I think I'd fit in well if our email banter is any clue. :rofl:
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby nathanroser » Mar 28, 2011 11:01 pm

My family is coming to visit me this weekend, they're not the most fun people to be around since they don't really enjoy hardcore outdoor adventuring. But I've convinced them to take me to Watkins Glen, NY to visit all the happy animal at Farm Sanctuary. Then afterwards I can go get a tasty meal at some vegan restaurant complete with a humongous milkshake called "The John Brown". And the Syracuse University Outing Club is trying to start a little thing where we teach kids about the stuff we do, which means I can teach kids about caves, caving, and bats!
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 30, 2011 4:10 pm

:woohoo: :bananabat: :banana: :banana_yay: :woohoo: :bananabat: :banana: :banana_yay: :woohoo: :bananabat: :banana: :banana_yay:

I AM DONE.

I AM A MASTER.

A MASTER OF SCIENCE!

that is all. carry on.

/me goes to look for a job in TAG...
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Mar 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Congratulations, Amy.

You must be very proud.

Now get to work. :banana_yay:
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE