Sure is quiet here

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sure is quiet here

Postby Mudduck » Dec 8, 2010 6:12 pm

tncaver wrote:At least you are providing some humorous light hearted rambling. A nice change from most of what is posted on this forum

AAAAAAMEN!!! When I first joined this forum it was a great place to shoot the bull about caves. Now with WNS progression the discussions(read-arguments) tend to blow up rather quickly thus making the bull hard to hit(of course i guess the whole point of the fun is shooting to start with, hit the bull or not)

Yes I know that made no to little sense.
I think I can...I think I can...I think I can
Mudduck
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bill Reed
NSS #: 60046
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Currently a Lone caver

Postby Evan G » Dec 8, 2010 6:33 pm

Shhhhhh.....Were hunting wabbits........

:formations: :formations: :formations: :formations: :formations: :formations: :formations:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby self-deleted_user » Dec 8, 2010 6:47 pm

Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Evan G » Dec 8, 2010 7:32 pm

Too funny!!!

OK, you bring the rabbit and I'll bring the beer *tongue-n-cheek* ........ :yikes:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Dec 8, 2010 7:41 pm

I'll get some rabbit that are actual meat rabbits, k? that'll be better. And bring something other than beer too, I can't drink it.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Evan G » Dec 8, 2010 8:06 pm

Sungura wrote:I'll get some rabbit that are actual meat rabbits, k? that'll be better. And bring something other than beer too, I can't drink it.

The hidden humor behind this is that I can't stand rabbit but don't mind beer.......Mmmm, how about Tequila & Taco's :toast:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Dec 8, 2010 9:55 pm

You're on. When and where? And we should cave first before we break out the tequila & tacos.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby commanderzoom » Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Sungura wrote:You're on. When and where? And we should cave first before we break out the tequila & tacos.

I'd be tempted to shoot anyone I went caving with if they ate tequila and tacos beforehand. Especially if we were going to be in a tight crawl passage and they'd be directly in front of me.
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Postby self-deleted_user » Dec 12, 2010 8:44 pm

commanderzoom wrote:
Sungura wrote:You're on. When and where? And we should cave first before we break out the tequila & tacos.

I'd be tempted to shoot anyone I went caving with if they ate tequila and tacos beforehand. Especially if we were going to be in a tight crawl passage and they'd be directly in front of me.
:rofl: for sure!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Gumby » Aug 30, 2011 11:39 am

Hey!!! Where is everybody? Has anybody seen Pokey? Darn horse keeps running off. I've been trying to join a grotto, out here in California and can't even get a return call or email, sure is quiet out here...much like getting the "silent Treatment", from my wife. I've been digging in caves on this volcano in Ca. for the last 20 years, what have you guys been doing back east? I'm not familiar with your geology, what are your cave walls made of? Post some pics, and brag a little.

Example, here's a pic. of my volcano. There was a flank vent that drained the magma chamber, leaving a large cavern our Indians spent the last Ice Age in. There's only maybe three of us left that know where these caves are.
never kick a cow turd on a hot day.
Gumby
Occasional Poster

Name: Kevin Kealey
NSS #: 63378

Postby self-deleted_user » Aug 30, 2011 12:28 pm

*hugs* I can sympathize, Gumby! It took me 8 months to find a grotto. I think some are just more welcoming than others, and contrary to what I thought (Want to cave? Contact a grotto they'll hook you up! Join the NSS!), even if you do things how "they" say you "should", it's still a pretty closed society. I myself got everything from "silent treatment" to being flat out told "We don't need any new members right now". Oh. Uhm. Okay. Best advice I have is keep trying...and maybe someone on this forum knows a grotto near you, and can be your "in". For me it was wynadottecaver, he mentioned the St Joseph Valley Grotto and when I contacted them within 48 hours I had multiple trip invites, was on their mailing list, and even Mudpuppy personally emailed me to make sure I was going to come on his trip! :D (Pup is like...famous especially in TAG, and I'd heard of him as I cave in TAG but never met him so I was reallllllly excited to get the email from him, he's a really nice guy)

Anyway...the nice, open, kind, cavers are out there, it just takes a LOT of work to find them. I guess that's why I really like the UK caving community so much. It's really easy to get in over there. All I had to do was say "hey I'm a caver in the states, and I'll be in the UK <dates> where are your caves is anyone around for some trips?" and BAM without knowing anything about me I had more trip invites than I had time to do! That's how I assumed based on what I was told it was supposed to work in the states, and it really doesn't, except for those few special grottos.

And...I cave for FUN and enjoyment, it's a passion. So I try and stay away from the jerks. I don't play the politic game well at *all*, and frankly, I don't care to learn. Someone wants to have a bug up their arse let 'em have it, I don't need or care to be around such people! So maybe think of it this way - yea it sucks big time you're getting the silent treatment. But, at least you know straight up that they are likely not people you want to be friends with.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Gumby » Aug 31, 2011 1:18 am

Thanks Amy...
never kick a cow turd on a hot day.
Gumby
Occasional Poster

Name: Kevin Kealey
NSS #: 63378

Previous

Return to Open Talk Forum