biotech/research in Georgia

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

biotech/research in Georgia

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey! So there are a lot of people here...I'm thinking there must be more than just me in research! And considering I am sick of the frigid north and want a hotter climate and I'm sick of the only things outdoors really to do would be winter skiing and stuff (brr and no thanks) i mean we have a severe lack of caves and fun outdoor stuff to do up here. Considering I have some family in Atlanta area, and I like the TAG cavers, and I have some friends down there in Atlanta area as well...and while I don't have contacts (yet!) for jobs I know it's budding biotech down that way. I'm hoping next year to move down there! Friends, family, the things I like to do, jobs, in one area, seems like a win, yeah? So I'm just curious if anyone on this forum knows of good places to start job looking (casually right now, I hope to finish my Master's up here, if, that is, the department ever stops changing the rules on me >_< :roll: ) my background is 1 year academia research, 4 years biotech, then 3 years in academia. (yes, I am just turning 24, I started in a biotech lab when I was 16 at the local uni) I've done most all molec bio stuff (Westerns, IHC, antibody design & development, assay design & development, PCR, qPCR, etc etc etc) so I'd fit in a lot of labs. *shrugs* anyway just figured I'd put out feelers here see if anyone knows anyone. If there is one thing I have learned, it's all about networking!
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Open Talk Forum