Light the Night

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Light the Night

Postby wendy » Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Two years ago I was an anonymous stem cell donor to a lady with leukemia. Now she is healthy and leukemia free. Several of my co-workers have had leukemia and a few of us have been fortunate enough to be marrow and stem cell donors. The last 2 years we have taken part in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walk as Team GPD. Last year we raised almost $8000 as a team. I am again raising money for our team. Donations can be made online at http://pages.lightthenight.org/nfl/Gainevil10/WShirah or you can PM me for an address to send cash or check.

I hope that it's ok to post this on here. I just want to get the word out to as many folks as possible. I hope to raise $1500 this year.

Thanks!

Wendy
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Open Talk Forum