Want to buy - out of print Speleodigest

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Want to buy - out of print Speleodigest

Postby mgmills » Jul 1, 2007 10:34 am

I want a 1996 and a 1997 Speleodigest. I have been collecting them for each year I have been caving. I could have sworn I had these two issues but can't find them. All my stuff was in storage for 3 years and during that time I had a break in at the storage facility and some boxes were stolen. The missing books may have been in one of the stolen boxes but most of my caving related stuff was packed together and I haven't noticed anything else missing.

If anyone has these to sell at a reasonable price (they sold for $19 new) please PM or e-mail me. I will pay shipping if necessary.

Thanks
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Speleo Digest

Postby CaverScott » Jul 2, 2007 7:49 am

I would suggest you keep an eye out on the Convention Auction items as I think at least one of these will be there. If you can not attend, perhaps identify a trusted caver with a big budget? :caver:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Re: Speleo Digest

Postby mgmills » Jul 2, 2007 8:14 am

CaverScott wrote:I would suggest you keep an eye out on the Convention Auction items as I think at least one of these will be there. If you can not attend, perhaps identify a trusted caver with a big budget? :caver:

Thanks for the tip Scott, but the "big budget" is the part I have a problem with. We just fininshed building a house and I just paid off my "sustaining member" balance so I could be a "life member" of the Nss therefore my "budget" is very limited. I will check it out anyway. . . who knows maybe no one else will want it. . . yeah, right!
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Barry14319 » Jul 2, 2007 11:51 am

Try Speleo books Emily Is a great source for out of print books at a reasonable price.
barry
Barry14319
Infrequent Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 2, 2007 7:10 pm

Look for the last remaining new copy of SD 1977 and of SD 1987 to be auctioned off at Convention! These have been out of print for years.

For those who don't know about it, the Convention Auction is a great place to find all sorts of amazing cave-related stuff. Be sure to attend and bring your check book! :waving:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

1996 & 1997 Speleo Digest

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Aug 8, 2007 8:50 am

I usually buy two (2) of each when they come out, so I probably have a spare of each of those.

Email me at home: nss6792@bellsouth.net

And I will look for them this weekend. They would be "stored" over at my mother's house.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

1996 & 1997 Speleo Digest

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Aug 8, 2007 8:50 am

I usually buy two (2) of each when they come out, so I probably have a spare of each of those.

Email me at home: nss6792@bellsouth.net

And I will look for them this weekend. They would be "stored" over at my mother's house.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Return to Speleo-Marketplace