TerraLUX has 2 New LED Replacement bulbs for Headlamps

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

TerraLUX has 2 New LED Replacement bulbs for Headlamps

Postby led-replacement » Mar 9, 2007 8:09 am

TerraLUX just introduced two New LED Replacement bulbs for Headlamps.
The first is the TerraLUX TLE-1S 1 watt Screw base LED for 2,3,4,5 and 6
Cell Headlamps or Flashlights for $19.95 including Free Shipping in the USA!
I have tested this LED in my Petzl Zoom. The Tektite LS365 also works good! Here is a link for the TLE-1S http://www.led-replacement.com/tle-1s.html These are in stock!
The second is the TerraLUX TLE-1F 1 watt Flange or PR base LED for 2,3,4,5 and 6 Cell Headlamps or Flashlights for $19.95 including Free Shipping in the USA! Here is the link http://www.led-replacement.com/tle-1f.html (International orders may choose Airmail for $2.70 USD without tracking or Priority International Mail without tracking for $11.00 USD
Both of these LEDs are in stock. They are both Regulated!
Note: Price drop on Tektite LS233, LS365 and LS407 (was $21.95) Now $19.95 Also the New TerraLUX TLE-1F and TLE-1S are now $19.95 each.
Thank you!
John led-replacement
http://www.led-replacement.com/index.html :kewl:
Last edited by led-replacement on Jun 21, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
led-replacement
Infrequent Poster

Postby Jonathan » Apr 13, 2007 8:36 am

I just bought one of the e10 bulbs from you (ordered last night) - I'm going to do a review of it comparing it to other bulbs in my headlamp. I also got one of the side emitters from the other company (the one from NJ - can't remember the name right now) with the intent of figuring out which one is best for my purposes :) thanks for having the free shipping special
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby Jonathan » Apr 17, 2007 12:28 am

got the bulbs today, both the tektite ls407 and terralux tle-1s. I'm very happy about the output from both. I was looking for a replacement for my halogen bulb in my petzl duo belt 5 led, and the terralux tle-1s has slightly better output/adjustablility. I discovered this is partly due to the duo's reflector, since the ls407 is a side emitter instead of a lambertian style.
The light is NOT BLUE like ALL other LED headlamps, and that made me so very HAPPY :grin: :grin: It is very close to natural light (like all other LED's claim to be but are no where close) I went out in the dark of night to shine it on my house (the tle-1s) and the colors are true with the tle-1s in comparison to the 5 led's in the duo (which appear to give off blue light) Best part = the center beam is adjustable. the 'hot spot' like with an apex is there when you want it and gone when you don't, its perfect harmony. I still need to test it underground but i'm sure I won't be disappointed.
I tried not to get my hopes too high because i figured a $20 LED replacement bulb woudn't be better than pretty much all other LED lights out there, but I've been pleasantly surprised. the ls407 is going to be put to use in an older headlamp with a fixed reflector that is a parbolic shape and thus provides a much better fixed beam pattern than the tle-1s did (in the same light) so i'm happy cause nothing went to waste. next step? buy two tle-1f's to put in my old princeton tec solo's and have 1w led headlamps for $20 (that still keep the princeton tec lifetime warranty and hopefully won't go dim in 2 hours - like with halogen/krypton) :kewl:

In summary - totally worth it when a replacement halogen bulb is $5-$7 (and i blew up 2 last week) I took some pictures of the comparison of all three lights: halogen, tle-1s, and the ls407 (all in the duo with brand new batteries with full zoom in and full zoom out) but the camera is trash and i'll have to redo them (still cam in a video camera). Though I may still post the grainy pictures cause they give a decent idea of what it looks like anyway
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 17, 2007 2:28 am

Jonathan wrote:got the bulbs today, both the tektite ls407 and terralux tle-1s. I'm very happy about the output from both.

Thanks for sharing! :kewl:

I picked up one of these LEDs a year ago for my Petzl Duo, and was really impressed. It's a vast improvement on the halogen bulb in the high beam side. Although my Duo has now been relegated to "spare" status (thanks to me getting a Princeton Tec Apex), I certainly don't regret picking up the 1 watt LED for it. It would be nice if they were available in 2 or 3 watt versions, but I can see issues arising without sufficient external heat sinking. At the very least, the 1 watt LEDs do improve battery life when compared to the halogen. I posted my impressions of it last year in this thread.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Jonathan » Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am

you used the tektite bulb from what i read, and i liked it but i prefer the terralux one because its a cleaner spot and beam Image
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 17, 2007 4:20 pm

Jonathan wrote:you used the tektite bulb from what i read, and i liked it but i prefer the terralux one because its a cleaner spot and beam

You're right - mine is the Tektite LED. My mistake. Should have realized with the thread title being "2 new LEDs..." :doh:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Jonathan » Apr 17, 2007 5:12 pm

no problem. i got the led you have as well as the terralux one and i prefer the terralux in my duo because i can adjust the hotspot out of the middle of my vision (a major draw back in my mind with all LED lights - the hot spot is just too darn intense)
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Jonathan wrote:no problem. i got the led you have as well as the terralux one and i prefer the terralux in my duo because i can adjust the hotspot out of the middle of my vision (a major draw back in my mind with all LED lights - the hot spot is just too darn intense)

Actually, I don't mind the hotspot in the Duo. I only use the high beam occasionally for spotting, otherwise I use the 8 LED beam for most of my caving. And for spotting, the hotspot is not a problem! :wink:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Jonathan » Apr 17, 2007 6:16 pm

<-- has the 5led, not bright enough for much of anything more than cooking over a camp stove :(
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Jonathan wrote:<-- has the 5led, not bright enough for much of anything more than cooking over a camp stove :(

Actually, the other couple of my spare Duos have the 5 LED inserts. I used one as my main for years, before getting the 8 LED. The 8 LED on high isn't really a heck of a lot brighter than the 5, although the new 14 is! I like that the 8 and 14 can be dimmed - that's the biggest advantage, in my opinion. But the 5 still has great battery life compared with the others.

Other threads on the Duo are hereherehere andhere. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone searched the old threads before starting the same new ones? :neutral:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Jonathan » Apr 17, 2007 10:57 pm

<-- hopes you're not talking about him... as my post was completely in response about the new terralux led's
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 18, 2007 2:55 am

Jonathan wrote:<-- hopes you're not talking about him... as my post was completely in response about the new terralux led's

No, no, I didn't mean to imply you or led-replacement. These posts about the Terralux are great. It was just a general comment after searching the forum and finding so many similar threads about the Duo!

Carry on... :whistle:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Jonathan » Apr 22, 2007 8:04 am

oh ok, cool.

I got a chance to use my light in Cemetery pit yesterday. My review goes like this... It's nowhere as bright as the apex. I like the color of the light 100x more, and i'm happy that i can adjust the "hotspot" so i don't have to stare at it constantly. while i could look across large rooms (80 feet or more) and make out what the opposite side looked like, the apex users in my group looked over and you could see details... over all, i'm happy with the upgrade because it is brighter than the halogen bulb and will last longer too. some day i'll get a brighter light :caver:
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Return to Speleo-Marketplace