Journeys through TAG 1998 Convention Guidebook for sale

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Journeys through TAG 1998 Convention Guidebook for sale

Postby trogman » Aug 5, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi all:
I am selling an NSS Convention Guidebook from the 1998 convention in Sewanee, TN. In order to reach a wider potential buying pool, I have put it on Ebay. This particular guidebook is out of print, making it hard to find anymore. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Bidding starts at $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journeys-through-TAG-1998-NSS-Convention-Guidebook-Sewanee-TN-/191275325803?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: Journeys through TAG 1998 Convention Guidebook for sale

Postby Caving Guru » Aug 5, 2014 9:54 pm

Wow, now I feel fortunate that I won the most recent 1998 NSS Convention Guidebook auctioned on Cave Chat before this one for $50 seeing that the starting bid here is for $50 (the starting bid for the one that I won had the bidding start at $15). But I wish you good luck, trogman, on selling your book.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby trogman » Aug 6, 2014 7:12 am

Caving Guru wrote:Wow, now I feel fortunate that I won the most recent 1998 NSS Convention Guidebook auctioned on Cave Chat before this one for $50 seeing that the starting bid here is for $50 (the starting bid for the one that I won had the bidding start at $15). But I wish you good luck, trogman, on selling your book.

Thanks. I know these are getting harder to find, since they are out of print. When I bought mine about 12 years ago I got it from the NSS bookstore while they still had them. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and if something happened to it, I'd be willing to spend a lot to replace it. I recently came across this copy which I obtained from a caver that was unloading all of her cave-related items. It is actually in better condition than my copy that I am keeping, which is somewhat worn out from me reading it so much.

trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Aug 6, 2014 7:29 am

If you end up selling this book, do you plan on giving the profits or at least part of the profits to the caver that you received it from? That is what I would do.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Aug 6, 2014 7:29 am

If you end up selling this book, do you plan on giving the profits or at least part of the profits to the caver that you received it from? That is what I would do.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Aug 6, 2014 1:52 pm

Not trying to kill your sale Stephen as nothing is better than the real thing... BUT you can download the entire 1998 Convention Guidebook now for FREE on the NSS Member Portal Page...

https://caves.org/nss-business/publicat ... ndex.shtml

You have to enter your NSS number and zip code to access the site.
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby trogman » Aug 6, 2014 2:56 pm

UnderGroundEarth wrote:Not trying to kill your sale Stephen as nothing is better than the real thing... BUT you can download the entire 1998 Convention Guidebook now for FREE on the NSS Member Portal Page...

https://caves.org/nss-business/publicat ... ndex.shtml

You have to enter your NSS number and zip code to access the site.

Dang it, you let the cat out of the bag now! :big grin: Yes, that is true, Kelly. But this is the actual printed version- one that you can take into the bathroom with you and read. Well, I guess now with I-pads and such, you can do that with the digital version as well. But hopefully someone will want the old-fashioned version. If not, I'll just have an extra copy. :grin:

trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby trogman » Sep 10, 2014 9:40 am

I wanted to update this topic with a couple of bits of info. First, I dropped the price a little since it wasn't moving.

Also, there was a mention of the fact that this book is available in digital format on the NSS website. While it is view-able there, certain parts of the book are not, and are only available with the printed version; namely the large 4 page pullout map of Tumbling Rock, as well as a map of cave distribution in TAG, and a line plot map of Blue Spring Cave. There may be other parts missing as well, as I have not done a page by page comparison.

trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Roppelcaver » Sep 10, 2014 12:52 pm

I guess 5 dollars less is a little. I would bid, but would like to see a lower starting bid. Good luck!
Roppel Caver guy
Roppelcaver
Prolific Poster

Return to Speleo-Marketplace