Caves of Tennessee, Paperback

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Caves of Tennessee, Paperback

Postby tagkycaver » Dec 2, 2013 10:18 am

Buy it now, paperback edition of Tom Barr's classic "Caves of Tennessee, (1961)" Now out of print and hard to find, the book contains detailed and explicit descriptions, photographs, maps, exact locations, etc. of some 500 caves in Tennessee. This copy is in good condition, although it is obviously used. There are no major rips, tears, or marks that I can find; the spine has been reinforced with clear binding tape. The book is missing the fold-out plate from inside the rear cover showing dot-locations of caves scattered across the state. (I can email pictures if you want; I can't figure out how to posts pics on this website.)This book will make an excellent "field copy" or reference copy for the shelf.

$55 to first person who PMs me; I will pay shipping.
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 17845
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville

Re: Caves of Tennessee, Paperback

Postby tagkycaver » Dec 3, 2013 5:05 pm

SGLA, BrianFrank, and RoppelCaver, either the PM reply doesn't seem to always work very well or I don't know how to use it right; but 3 replies to you have been sitting in my outbox for 2 days, so I am assuming you didn't get them. If you have a private email you want to PM me, I can send you photos of the book. (Can't figure out how to post them here.) Otherwise, it is a 1995 printing; upon further examination of the book, I discovered some minor stains on a few pages, and noted that the corner edge is missing off the upper right corner of the front cover. The EBAY definition of book condition that best describes it is:

Good

A book that has been read but is in good condition. Very minimal damage to the cover including scuff marks, but no holes or tears. The dust jacket for hard covers may not be included. Binding has minimal wear. The majority of pages are undamaged with minimal creasing or tearing, minimal pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, no writing in margins. No missing pages. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Again there is a tear at the upper right corner. I'd really rather send you pictures so you know what you are getting; it's still a very good copy of this hard-to-find classic.
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 17845
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville

Re: Caves of Tennessee, Paperback

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Dec 4, 2013 5:31 pm

Actually, "Caves of Tennessee" (1961) describes about 700 caves, not 500.

An even BETTER buy !!!

Larry
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Return to Speleo-Marketplace