Books for Sale

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Books for Sale

Postby Ernie Coffman » Feb 5, 2013 2:04 pm

I have the following books for sale, as my shelves are getting too crowded:

1. The Life of The Cave by Charles E. Mohr and Thomas L. Poulson. Beautiful condition book. Price is $8 which includes postage.

2. American Caving Illustrated by Jim Storey. Book in very good condition. Price is $10 which includes postage. Autographed by Jim, also.

3. Exploring Caves - A Guide to the Underground Wilderness by David McClurg. Price is $9, which includes postage.

4. Cave Exploring by Jennifer Anderson. Price is $6, which includes postage.

5. Safety Techniques[/b][/i] booklet for 1975 NSS Convention. Price is $6, which includes postage.

6. SpeleoDigest 1968 Price is $20, which includes postage.

7. Speleo Digest 1978 Price is $12, which includes postage.

8. Visiting American Caves by Howard N. Sloane and Russell H. Gurnee. Pictures, stories, and simple state maps of commercial caves throughout the U.S. Price is $10, which includes postage.

9. Cave Passages by Michael Ray Taylor, First Vintage Edition 1997, Price is $5, which includes postage.

10. Caves by Ronal C. Kerbo, Price is $5, which includes postage.

11. The Longest Cave, First Edition (1976), Dust cover is torn in a couple of spots at top and bottom, but most of it is in good shape. Can be repaired. Book is in excellent shape. Price is $15, which includes postage.

12. Learning to Rock Climb by Michael Loughman, Price is $8, which includes postage.

13. Fundamentals of Rock Climbing by MIT Outing Club. Price is $4, which includes postage.

14. Basic Rockcraft by Royal Robbins, Price is $5, which includes postage.

15. Basic Mountaineering by Henry I. Mandolf (San Diego Chapter of Sierra Club) Price is $8, which includes postage.

16. Advanced Rockcraft by Royal Robbins, Price is $8, which includes postage.

17. Bat Wings and Spider Eyes by Ronal C. Kerbo, New condition. Price is $8, which includes postage.

18. Speleology - The Study of Caves by Moore and Nicholas, Price is $4, which includes postage.

19. Caves of the Big Horn and Pryor Mountains of Montana by Robert Schultz, Editor for the 28th Anniversary NSS Convention, Lovell, Wyoming, 1969. Price is $12 which includes postage.

20. 2003 NSS Convention Guidebook, Porterville, CA, $25 which includes postage.

21. 2000 NSS Convention Guidebook, Elkins, West Virginia, $23 which includes postage; also, will ship several maps with it

22. 1999 NSS Convention Guidebook, Filer, Idaho, $14, which includes postage.

23. 1998 NSS Convention Guidebook, Sewanee, Tennessee, $23, which includes postage.

24. 1993 NSS Convention Guidebook, Pendleton, Oregon, $11 which includes postage.

25. 1984 NSS Convention Guidebook, Sheridan, Wyoming, $28, which includes postage

26. 1975 NSS Convention Guidebook, Angels Camp (Frogtown), California, $20, which includes postage

27. The Jewel Cave Adventure by Herb and Jan Conn. $9 and that includes postage.

Thanks for looking, Ernie Coffman
Last edited by Ernie Coffman on May 23, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Check out the books that I have for sale, below

Postby Ernie Coffman » May 2, 2013 11:22 am

Just sold another book in my list, down below, which is in the February area--about twenty messages from here. Look them over and give me a shout on the PM list, so I can reduce this library of mine. Thanks for looking! Ernie Coffman, 8316 LF :cavingrocks:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Check out the books that I have for sale, below

Postby trogman » May 2, 2013 12:31 pm

Ernie Coffman wrote:Just sold another book in my list, down below, which is in the February area--about twenty messages from here. Look them over and give me a shout on the PM list, so I can reduce this library of mine. Thanks for looking! Ernie Coffman, 8316 LF :cavingrocks:

Ernie:
I am not seeing the list...

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: Check out the books that I have for sale, below

Postby NZcaver » May 2, 2013 2:11 pm

trogman wrote:
Ernie Coffman wrote:Just sold another book in my list, down below, which is in the February area--about twenty messages from here. Look them over and give me a shout on the PM list, so I can reduce this library of mine. Thanks for looking! Ernie Coffman, 8316 LF :cavingrocks:

Ernie:
I am not seeing the list...

Trogman :helmet:

I just merged this new topic with the old list Ernie is referring to. I'm not sure why he didn't just add a reply to his original topic, but it's fixed now.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Books for Sale

Postby Ernie Coffman » May 2, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks NZ! I don't know why I didn't do what you suggested, either. But...thought I might screw up things. <grin> Anyway, when I pulled up trogman's message, above yours, I chuckled for you had my list of books right above the message, so...<grin, grin, grin>
Ernie
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Books for Sale

Postby NZcaver » May 2, 2013 8:27 pm

Ernie Coffman wrote:Thanks NZ! I don't know why I didn't do what you suggested, either. But...thought I might screw up things. <grin> Anyway, when I pulled up trogman's message, above yours, I chuckled for you had my list of books right above the message, so...<grin, grin, grin>
Ernie

Yep, that's because I merged this topic and the old one together.

For what it's worth, if you find it easier there is an option to view posts in descending order, making the most recent post in a topic at the top. Look under User Control Panel (above left under SNS logo) > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options and select your choice of display post (or topic) order direction.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby gdillman » Sep 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Do you still have the 1999 NSS convention Guide Book -Filer Idaho? I am interested in buying it. I am in the Silver Sage Grotto and live in Idaho and would love one for my collection of books.

Thanks and happy caving
Gerald
gdillman
New Poster

NSS #: 65272
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Silver Sage Grotto

Postby Ernie Coffman » Sep 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi Gerald,

I already sold my copy, but I'm awaiting a message from my friend, so hang on there. I'll see what I can do!
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Books for Sale

Postby Ernie Coffman » Sep 22, 2013 11:14 am

I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you. I contacted my buddy who would be willing to sell his book, but he can't find it where he has all of his other cave books, so...hang in there.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Speleo-Marketplace