Lost Creek Packs the company is for sale.

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost Creek Packs the company is for sale.

Postby shibumi » Nov 22, 2012 10:12 am

Well folks, I've owned it for almost 13 years now, longer than any previous owner, but I'm now officially done. Lost Creek Packs is for sale. I've mostly enjoyed making stuff for the caving community even though it was never my original intention when I bought the company as I primarily bought it so my then-wife could have a job that allowed her freedom to pursue her K9 SAR interests and when she left I was left with the business. So anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested in owning it, please contact me and we can discuss it. I'm not looking for a quick sale so I am not going to give it away, but it is profitable and a decent way for one person who wants a reasonably steady income to make a living, or a supplemental income for a retired couple, or a great springboard for someone who wanted to expand and create an empire. In the first year I owned it I doubled the sales and then after my wife left I ramped it back down again because it was more business than I wanted to handle. A reasonably motivated person could easily grow the business well beyond it's historic gross, and with some capital investment in automation the labor involvement would be lessened.

It's a highly portable business, right now it requires about 400 sq feet of space and could be run almost anywhere in the country, though as I found, living in a remote area limits employee opportunities.

Serious inquiries only please.

Anmar
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Lost Creek Packs the company is for sale.

Postby MUD » Nov 23, 2012 2:06 pm

PM sent! :big grin:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby shibumi » Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Cavemud wrote:PM sent! :big grin:

I didn't get it, my PM box was full, but should have some room now :grin:
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby trogman » Nov 26, 2012 10:10 am

Anmar:
I hope whoever buys it does as good a job with it as you did. I own 4 of your packs, and so far have only worn out 1 of them. They are exceptional quality, and your customer service was excellent as well. Big shoes to fill. :clap: Thanks!

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby MUD » Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am

I re-sent that PM Anmar!
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby gytwypt » Dec 9, 2012 9:30 pm

So did this company sell? Kind of curious on some details if not.
thanks
gytwypt
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 52386
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATL

Postby shibumi » Dec 11, 2012 8:07 am

I have had several people interested but so far no one has entered into serious negotiations.
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tncaver » Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I want to say this for Anmar's products. I've got two Lost Creek packs. One is over 30 years old and I still use it. Sure it is raggedy but it is still good. I also
have another one that is about 20 years old. I've had to repair it but it is almost good as new. They are quality products that last and last.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby gytwypt » Dec 11, 2012 6:53 pm

How about some ballpark figures. Overhead vs. Income. Staff needed. Time needed. Kinda curious on what it takes to make it run?? Not sure it would be for me, but I work for myself and I am always open to something better or something to go along with what I do, but on the same note I dont have alot of time between work and hobbies. Wondering if it would be feasible for me.
Also what goes with the company besides the name. Equip., inventory, etc.
thank you.
gytwypt
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 52386
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATL

Postby shibumi » Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

At this point I have one person who is in serious negotiations and another person who is awaiting to see if the first falls through. I will post again if that changes.
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby shibumi » Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

The first person has backed out of negotiations after saying they'd commit earnest money to enter final negotiations, and the second person who was in line after that has decided they weren't interested, so it's back up for sale again.

Interested parties please contact me directly.
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Speleo-Marketplace