FS: 10 mm Oval Maillon, Aluminum

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

FS: 10 mm Oval Maillon, Aluminum

Postby hank moon » Mar 8, 2006 7:29 pm

>SOLD<
Last edited by hank moon on May 29, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Lava » Mar 8, 2006 7:55 pm

Where does the 10mm measurement come from? Is it the rod diameter? I'm looking at my old mallions to get an idea of the size of what you have, but mine are so rusted that I can't read them. Hence the need for aluminum.
Lava
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce White
NSS #: 39223
Primary Grotto Affiliation: San Francisco Bay Chapter

Postby NZcaver » Mar 8, 2006 8:06 pm

10mm is the diameter of the rod - I believe Hank is referring to the standard "harness" size Maillon Rapides (screw links) made of Zicral aluminum.

Hank - I don't suppose you have any of those Petzl Omni half-round carabiners available cheap too, do you? :question:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby hank moon » Mar 8, 2006 8:15 pm

NZcaver wrote:10mm is the diameter of the rod - I believe Hank is referring to the standard "harness" size Maillon Rapides (screw links) made of Zicral aluminum.

Hey, your NZ cover is blown / blind ! Your AL spelling has an eye poked out! :shock: Yeah, 10 mm is the diameter of the rod used in manufacture of this maillon. A "No. 7" maillon uses 7 mm rod and so on.

NZcaver wrote:Hank - I don't suppose you have any of those Petzl Omni half-round carabiners available cheap too, do you? :question:

Sure, 10% discount. Now only 35 bux...har har...

"Give me convenience or give me death"
- Jello Biafra

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Mar 8, 2006 8:55 pm

hank_moon wrote:Sure, 10% discount. Now only 35 bux...har har...

Bastard! :kidding:

Did I spell THAT right? No eye poked out this time? :eyecrazy:

Yes, I do somewhat modify my spelling depending on the country I'm residing in. I also perform limited adjustments on my speech - mainly so I can be understood easier by you folks. :rant:

Anyway, I think you should just give me one of those Omni Locks (I already bought a Tri-act at full retail) - on the basis that I promote many Petzl items to anyone who listens. :whistle:

Plus I'm a real nice guy. :big grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby hank moon » Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm

Anyway, I think you should just give me one of those Omni Locks (I already bought a Tri-act at full retail) - on the basis that I promote many Petzl items to anyone who listens.

Who's listening? :)
Sure, I'll give ya one...if ya come n' git it! Don't know why you'd want the Lock version, though...TriAct much better IMO.

And...no takers yet on the maillons...kinda surprising given the insanely awesome price I'm charging. Oh well, there's always Ebay.

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Mar 14, 2006 11:40 pm

hank_moon wrote:Who's listening? :)
Sure, I'll give ya one...if ya come n' git it! Don't know why you'd want the Lock version, though...TriAct much better IMO.

And...no takers yet on the maillons...kinda surprising given the insanely awesome price I'm charging. Oh well, there's always Ebay.

Who's listening? Well, usually there's a few people around who like to argue with me, even when they know I'm always right... :wink:

Watch out - I may just take you up on that offer of an Omni one day. I'd like the Omni Lock because (1) I hear they aren't as prone to getting jammed up by grit as the TriAct, and (2) I already have a TriAct. :cool:

OK, I'll bite Hank. How much are you asking for the maillons? (PM me.)
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby hank moon » Mar 15, 2006 9:46 pm

NZcaver wrote:I believe Hank is referring to the standard "harness" size Maillon Rapides (screw links) made of Zicral aluminum.

No, sorry it wasn't clear before. These are oval Maillons, not the half-round. Perfect for attaching certain rappel devices. At least, that's what I'm gonna do with mine...

Here's a link to the link (10,0 N):

http://www.peguet.fr/peguet/gb/produits/zicral/normal.html

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Speleo-Marketplace