Auction! Mint Condition 1992 NSS Convention Guidebook

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Auction! Mint Condition 1992 NSS Convention Guidebook

Postby tagkycaver » Sep 27, 2018 9:54 am

Up for auction is the rare and highly coveted "Caving in the Heartland" Guidebook from the 1992 NSS Convention, Salem Indiana. MINT condition! (The legendary Tom Rea, Editor and Scott Fee, Chairman.) This is one of those hard-to-find Guidebooks that everybody wants, but nobody ever wants to sell. Includes ALL of the major caving counties in south-central Indiana, including Crawford, Dubois, Harrison, Lawrence, Washington, and others. Includes dozens and dozens of full cave descriptions, maps, histories, and detailed directions as to how to reach the entrance from designated parking places. (Coordinates or exact locations are NOT included, exact locations of parking places are NOT included.) Some of the the many, many caves and maps include large, pullout maps of Binkleys Cave, Sullivan Cave, Suicide Cave, Sinking Creek Cave System, and Jefferies Cave. Also included are Borden's Pit, Paradise Lost, Buckners, Wayne, Kern's Pit, and many, many more.

Bidding starts at $10, plus $5 shipping in padded envelope. Bidding will end at 4PM Friday, October 5, 2018. (Due to sensitive nature of this publication, bids will only be accepted from NSS members; I will check!) Best of luck!
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 17845
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville

Re: Auction! Mint Condition 1992 NSS Convention Guidebook

Postby CaverScott » Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Hey, I wonder if that Chairman would autograph my copy? :big grin: :cavingrocks:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby trogman » Sep 27, 2018 4:34 pm

CaverScott wrote:Hey, I wonder if that Chairman would autograph my copy? :big grin: :cavingrocks:

I think he probably would, but only if you asked him real nicely! :tonguecheek:

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby tagkycaver » Sep 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Well, I was just told that the NSS Bookstore has these for $5.00!! Guess they aren't so hard to find after all. So, I'll let this one go for $4.00 plus $5.00 shipping, if anyone is interested.
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

Postby Andy » Sep 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Good luck. I had a mint condition one to sell too. But I ended up giving it away to the recycle bin. If they are still in stock after 25+ years for $5 you'll have to donate yours to the same place. It was a really, really fun convention though!
Andy
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 29094 FL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dayton Underground Grotto

Postby tagkycaver » Sep 30, 2018 6:35 am

Yeah, thanks. I've still got 3 or 4 copies of the Convention Guidebooks from both of the Sewanee Tennessee Conventions that I might post around Christmas; would make good gifts for our kinda people.
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

Postby trogman » Sep 30, 2018 8:04 am

tagkycaver wrote:Yeah, thanks. I've still got 3 or 4 copies of the Convention Guidebooks from both of the Sewanee Tennessee Conventions that I might post around Christmas; would make good gifts for our kinda people.

Last time I checked, the 1998 Sewanee Guidebook is out of print, so they will probably demand a much higher price. That particular one has the extra large multi-page map of Tumbling Rock. As far as I know, that is the only place you can get one of those. Even if you are an ACS member, the only map available is the 1961 version, which is not nearly as large or detailed. The online version of the guidebook doesn't have the map included.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Return to Speleo-Marketplace