Free! Museum Quality Russell Cave Limited Print

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Free! Museum Quality Russell Cave Limited Print

Postby tagkycaver » Mar 3, 2014 5:12 pm

For give away; Museum quality unframed print, "the First Alabamians", painting of beautiful entrance to Russell Cave, Alabama, with rendition of what prehistoric native people might have looked like at the site. approximately 21.5 by 29.25 inches, never framed, excellent condition; (this print has been in the original shipping tube for 20 years.) Painted by James Thomas Neuman, circa 1990, limited edition commissioned by the state of Alabama (I think.) This would look great in anyone's home or office, (even the NSS office if somebody wanted to frame it as a donation.) Painting originally cost about $200, first person to contact me can have it for the cost of shipping, (probably about $10) plus $10 to cover my time and expense of going to the post office. PM me or answer here if you want it.

tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 17845
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville

Re: Free! Museum Quality Russell Cave Limited Print

Postby jcrownover » Mar 18, 2014 3:41 pm

I would very much like to have the print. I was born a few miles from Russel Cave and played around it before it became a National Park.
What do you need from me to complete the transaction.
Jim L Crownover, jcrownover@bettsengr.com 2800 South Market Street , Chattanooga , TN 37410 423 645 8562

Thank you, Jim
jcrownover
New Poster

Postby marty » Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm

I have been looking for that painting for years. Where did you get it? If by any chance you still have it I would love it. Please let me know. Thank you. martyiniraq@hotmail.com
marty
New Poster

Postby tagkycaver » Mar 26, 2014 6:04 am

oh, sorry for the delay; i haven't been able to logon to this site for some reason. the print's already gone, sorry. I received it as a wedding gift over 20 years ago; it was obtained back then through the author via a special program promoting Alabama heritage. Thanks for the interest.
tagkycaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 17845
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Jun 12, 2018 6:57 am

I have finally gotten around to getting this wonderful print framed. Jason Hardy and I built our house last year in the heart of TAG. About 2 weeks ago, I finally got the print framed and hung it on the wall in our living room. It is sure to be a conversation piece. Thank you again...!
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Return to Speleo-Marketplace