Need help on approaching landowner to acquire property

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Need help on approaching landowner to acquire property

Postby maggiep02 » Oct 19, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm a member of a grotto interested in purchasing a plot of land from a quarry. We are only interested in acquiring the parts of property containing important caves. This land is currently used as a buffer zone for the quarry and other parts of it have been leased to farmers. We are looking for copies of previous proposals and offers (initial or final) that have lead to successfully conserving caves. Our realtor would like an idea of how to best word our approach before we sit down and right a proposal. Basically we don't want to screw it up right from the start.

Can anyone offer me successful copies of this type?? Please email me any attachments to maggiep02@gmail.com

THANK YOU!
maggiep02
New Poster

Name: Colleen Patterson
NSS #: 59630
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Bald Eagle Grotto

Re: Need help on approaching landowner to acquire property

Postby SMUaNdStuFF » Oct 19, 2008 2:52 pm

meow :waving:
SMUaNdStuFF
New Poster

NSS #: 59631
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Buffalo Valley Grotto

Re: Need help on approaching landowner to acquire property

Postby wendy » Oct 19, 2008 4:56 pm

get in touch with the SCCi or some other cave conservation group that often buys caves to set up as preserves, they may be able to answer your question
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Conservation Forum