Graffiti Removal Equipment Transfer - IN to NM -need help

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Graffiti Removal Equipment Transfer - IN to NM -need help

Postby Ray Keeler » Sep 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Hello All,

I can use some help on this ... we need to move a trailer of conservation equipment (graffiti removal stuff) from Indiana to New Mexico. I can be contacted at < rckeeler@cox.net > or at my cell at 623-523-1760.

On October 19th (Sunday), Bill Baus < Baus@alumni.Indiana.edu >, Dave Everton < deverton@indiana.edu > and the large group of participants will complete the 2.5 year effort of removing graffiti at Buckner's Cave near Bloomington, IN. A huge amount of thanks go to everyone for this long and sustained effort.

A new project is starting in November 2008 in New Mexico (near Albuquerque) to restore Sandia Cave and remove the graffiti. Sandia Cave is a National Natural Landmark.

I am looking for a volunteer(s) to trailer the graffiti removal equipment from Buckner's Cave to Albuquerque (our house) for this next project. The Peppersauce Cave Conservation Project will pay for $500 in gas re-imbusement, a place to stay in Albuquerque, and a tour of Sandia Cave. If the volunteers are in town (Albuquerque) on Sat. November 1st, you are invited to our (Sandia) Grotto's Halloween party.

Please give me a call if you have any questions. So far the equipment has been used in Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Alabama and Indiana.

thanks,

Ray Keeler
NSS Administrative VP
rckeeler@cox.net
623-523-1760
Ray Keeler
Occasional Poster

Re: Graffiti Removal Equipment Transfer - IN to NM -need help

Postby Ray Keeler » Nov 5, 2008 11:25 am

Tony Cunningham and Dan From Indiana trailered the conservation equipment to Albuquerque. Thanks to them both.

Ray Keeler
Ray Keeler
Occasional Poster

Return to Conservation Forum