Blind fish in a cave in Missouri

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Blind fish in a cave in Missouri

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Here's an article about blind fish being found in a cave in Missouri. Thought it would go better here, in Conservation, as the owner of the cave only just found out about the crayfish and blind fish, and doesn't want to do much about protecting them. Grrrrr! :doh: I believe because he's in a political situation, he's not thinking about this great find. :shrug:
http://www.kansascity.com:80/news/break ... 67731.html
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Blind fish in a cave in Missouri

Postby wyandottecaver » Jun 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Actually I think his stance is reasonable.

He has reported the find, allowed study of the cave and studies to prevent his septic from being a direct threat, and apparently values the resource. What he has refused to do, is allow State money to be spent on purchasing or improving his property since he is on the appropriations committee and that could be construed as a conflict of interest.. Too bad more of our politicians didn't have the same ethics, even if it only lasts during the election :)
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Conservation Forum