NSS Conservation Award Deadline November 15

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

NSS Conservation Award Deadline November 15

Postby Geary » Nov 1, 2005 9:32 pm

Folks,

This is a reminder that nominations for the NSS Conservation Award is coming due on November 15. It is not too late to submit a nomination. The Conservation Award is given annually to an individual who, through his or her actions, has demonstrated an outstanding dedication to the cause of cave conservation. Last years award was given to Robert Burnett from Austin, Texas.

This is a highly competitive award and your nomination letter should include details of the nominee’s contribution to cave conservation. Please do not assume that everyone knows your nominee and their merits or works. Letters from other people supporting your nomination are helpful, especially if they provide additional useful insights into the nominee’s contributions.

Last year, we had a number of excellent nominations. If your nominee was not selected and you still support that nomination, let me know and I'll recycle the nomination materials; feel free to send updated material if
you wish. Some excellent nominees did not rank highly in previous years because little or no supporting information was provided. Those nominations will not be recycled unless you provide some pertinent
details about the individual.

The nominations can be sent to me by mail, e-mail, fax, or as attached e-mail documents. The deadline is November 15th. If you have general questions about the nomination procedure, please feel free to contact me at gschindel@mindspring.com or gschindel@edwardsaquifer.org. Please place NSS Conservation Award in the subject area. I will respond to all emails affirming that I have received them.

Thanks,

Geary Schindel

Chief Technical Officer

Edwards Aquifer Authority

San Antonio, Texas 78230

210-479-2151 Home

210-222-2204 Work
Geary
Infrequent Poster

Name: Geary Schindel
NSS #: 15827F
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Bexar Grotto