Caves: Life Beneath the Forest

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Caves: Life Beneath the Forest

Postby Bill Tozer » Mar 3, 2007 1:03 pm

The Hoosier National Forest is hosting the premiere of "Caves: Life Beneath the Forest" at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater in Bloomington, Indiana on March 23, 2007. The documentary brings together several prominent cave biologists to discuss life in Indiana caves. The premiere is free and all are welcomed.

While many will not be able to attend the premiere, check out cavebiota.com for clips.

Bill tozer
Bill Tozer
Infrequent Poster

Postby myotis » Jun 23, 2007 12:16 am

I went to the premiere of which you spoke at the Buskirk-Chumley and was very pleasantly surprised at the number of folks that attended. The film will be entered in the video salon at Convention for those who might wish to see it. It is very well done, and concentrates its' focus on the life found in the caves we so love, though enough of the conservation message gets through to be effective on that level also. Quite a few well-known people in academic circles add their voices via interview clips to add the conservation message. I highly recommend seeing it. It's made by a documentary filmmaker named Dave McGowan, a caver from Illinois, and it's the first of it's kind that I know of. Visit the link below for clips.

http://www.cavebiota.com

See you at Convention!
Is this really necessary? Really? Ok......
myotis
Infrequent Poster

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Jun 23, 2007 9:49 am

The clips were fascinating to watch even for their brevity, but that's why they're clips eh?

Looks to be a great addition to any grotto's multi-media library.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Return to Conservation Forum