Guaranteed to upset everyone

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ohiocaver » Jun 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Do a Google search for 'Casey Nocket' and then query 'Images'. Note that she not only vandalized the formations in many National Parks, she signed her efforts, photographed them and then repeatedly posted the results over every conceivable social media outlet under her own name.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 3-20-58-36

Sentencing to follow shortly.
:down:
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Re: Guaranteed to upset everyone

Postby l lambert » Jun 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Cavechat is late to the party. Miss Nocket has been pilloried thoroughly online. Rock climbers have been tearing her a new one.
l lambert
Prolific Poster

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 2, 2016 6:16 pm

Anyway about it, that little witch should be prosecuted to the fullest!
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby captnemo » Jul 11, 2016 4:35 pm

captnemo
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 44985
Primary Grotto Affiliation: mother lode grotto

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Earlier this week a federal judge in California banned graffiti vandal Casey Nocket from entering all federal parkland after she pled guilty to defacing Death Valley, Zion, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain, Colorado, Canyonlands, and Crater Lake National Parks with acrylic and sharpie doodles.

She is banned from all lands administered by the National Park Service (NPS), US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Army Corps of Engineers during her probation period. The ban applies to a two-year probation approved Monday (June 20), records show.

That's a good article, John, but I almost fell over laughing :rofl: Just how will the park system keep track of this young witch of the west. :shrug: Do you suppose they're going to keep her picture on the gates as folks drive through the various system gates. :shrug: Kind of like the district attorney writing us, way back when they broke into Windeler Cave and were sentenced, 'eh? One paid half of the restitution that the judge demanded of them; and, the other one skipped out of the state, back to Ohio--I believe it was--and the DA wrote saying that if he were to ever enter the State of California, he'd be captured and sentenced to jail without anymore court time. Yeah! Really now. And, I have a bridge to sell, also.

Oh, well! Some folks just don't understand, but we still enjoy your pictures; and, hope you're doing well in school. :cave softly:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby trogman » Jul 13, 2016 3:17 am

Ernie Coffman wrote:
Earlier this week a federal judge in California banned graffiti vandal Casey Nocket from entering all federal parkland after she pled guilty to defacing Death Valley, Zion, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain, Colorado, Canyonlands, and Crater Lake National Parks with acrylic and sharpie doodles.

She is banned from all lands administered by the National Park Service (NPS), US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Army Corps of Engineers during her probation period. The ban applies to a two-year probation approved Monday (June 20), records show.

That's a good article, John, but I almost fell over laughing :rofl: Just how will the park system keep track of this young witch of the west. :shrug: Do you suppose they're going to keep her picture on the gates as folks drive through the various system gates. :shrug: Kind of like the district attorney writing us, way back when they broke into Windeler Cave and were sentenced, 'eh? One paid half of the restitution that the judge demanded of them; and, the other one skipped out of the state, back to Ohio--I believe it was--and the DA wrote saying that if he were to ever enter the State of California, he'd be captured and sentenced to jail without anymore court time. Yeah! Really now. And, I have a bridge to sell, also.

Oh, well! Some folks just don't understand, but we still enjoy your pictures; and, hope you're doing well in school. :cave softly:

Indeed! Considering that the federal gov't. owns 84% of the land in Nevada (most of it BLM), 57% of the land in Utah, and similarly large amounts of land in other western states, it would be difficult for her to travel west of the Mississippi without violating the judge's order. Nonetheless, it'll be next to impossible to enforce this order.

Interesting looking at the posts in response to her "artwork" on her FB (Or is that Twitter?) page. The few that were visible were all very supportive, and were praising her for her work. I wonder how many of us would call out our "friends" who posted similar stuff?

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 13, 2016 10:03 am

Hey Trogman, that phrase
"...it'll be next to impossible to enforce this order"
is exactly what I was writing about.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby eyecave » Jul 17, 2016 11:43 pm

lets view her art and then have a national vote during the upcoming election as to whether or not allowing its existence......... :laughing:
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Postby eyecave » Jul 18, 2016 12:04 am

after viewing her drawings.....i am not impressed......the words narcissistic come first and then ordinary is next........i can see why she is being so-pillorred........deserving is the next word i think of......some people know no shame.......
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Return to Conservation Forum