Stop the CBD now!

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Stop the CBD now!

Postby tncaver » Jun 8, 2011 9:59 am

Now is everyone's best chance to pull the rug out from under the CBD. Two legislators from Wyoming are sponsoring a bill aimed at stopping extremist
environmental groups (like the CBD in particular) from taking advantage of a loophole in the law which allows them to collect millions of dollars from
the US Treasury due to failure by the U.S. gov't to take action when those groups file a petition. This loophole seems to be the primary funding for the CBD
and similar groups. Not only is this a direct hit to the US Treasury it is also a direct hit to taxpayers and in this case CAVING.

All you have to do is write or email your US legislators and ask for them to vote FOR the Government Savings Litigation Act.
You can read more about this proposed legislation at the following link: PLEASE contact your US legislators to ask for support of this bill.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja ... al-groups/
Last edited by tncaver on Jun 8, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Stop the CBD now!

Postby tncaver » Jun 8, 2011 10:10 am

This is an extremely important bill which may be our very best and possibly our ONLY opportunity to cut a huge chunk of funding from the CBD,
which could limit their influence dramatically in the future. The future of CAVING is at stake here people. The fact that some legislators are
trying to pass a bill to reduce funding for the CBD and similar groups is our best and easiest opportunity to be proactive. All we have to do is convince
our US legislators (from your state) to vote FOR this bill. They are doing the hard part. Our part is easy. Just send your state's US legislators
an email or letter urging them to pass the proposed bill which is titled the Government Savings Litigation Act, sponsored by two Wyoming legislators.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby onebat » Jun 8, 2011 1:31 pm

I also think that this is an important bill. I plan to write my legislators. I hope it will make a difference.
onebat
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 32368
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Spencer Mountain Grotto

Postby KeyserSoze » Jun 8, 2011 10:25 pm

Wow they sound sound like a bunch of crooks to me. It might be a better idea to write the local prosecutor and have them brought up on fraud charges :grin:
This signature is really funny
KeyserSoze
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61069
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby tncaver » Jun 9, 2011 8:22 am

Legal crooks. Writing your US legislators can nip their money grabbing in the bud. After all money is what keeps them in business.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Conservation Forum