Conservation Info Needed for Youth Presentation

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Conservation Info Needed for Youth Presentation

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 12, 2006 7:18 am

I get requests from cavers for a visual presentation for youth groups all the time, and so the NSS Youth Groups Liaison Committee is making it happen. My goal is to have this finished and available by the end of March, so please send your input to me soon.

I could really use some help with conservation information, ideas, editing, photos, etc.

This PowerPoint presentation outline is available at http://www.caves.org/youth/safecavingproject.html . This is a very rough outline; I'm sure the end result will be very different. There is one slide that specifically deals with restoration, though more could be added if we want, but we still need to watch for the length of the presentation.

If you'd like to submit photos, please send them to nssyouth@msn.com in jpeg format, and list how you would like your name to appear for the credit.

If you'd like to adopt a slide and make it better (at this stage it's not hard to do!), please copy the slide, tweak it, and then send the slide in an attachment to me at the nssyouth@msn.com address. The slides will be edited if needed for consistency with the rest of the program. I'm looking for short bullets of info that can be used with audiences of 12 years of age to adults. Some folks are having problems opening this file. They find if they save it to their computer and work on it from there, it works.

For the folks who help out with this, I plan to have a page at the begining or end listing your name and the slide you created. Photos will have the credit listed with the photo. However, I'm open to other ways of giving credit.

I have dial-up and so please make sure any file size is less than 600 KB. I think that's the right unit. Anyway, the size has to be pretty small. Or send your photos on a CD to Pat Bingham, 118 Autumn Dr., Stafford, VA 22556. Please include your e-mail address. I will not be able to return the disks.

Thanks much,

Pat Bingham, Chair, NSS Youth Groups Liaison Committee
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 13, 2006 4:30 am

I had originally put the wrong address for the webpage. It is now correct.
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Return to Conservation Forum