College and/or university courses on speleology

Cave geology, biology, and similar topics. Also visit the NSS Biology Section, or the Cave Geology and Geography Section, or the NSS Paleontology Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: College and/or university courses on speleology

Postby Farrar » Feb 5, 2010 11:18 pm

Ernie Coffman wrote:Welcome to CaveChat, Nathan, and thanks for that update on some more folks that are teaching in the colleges/universities, on caving/karst/etc. :kewl: I'll forward these along with the other schools to Stephanie at the NSS Office, as this will help her out tremendously. :cavingrocks:

I'm not familar with those in the NSS Office - who is Stephanie? - I'll be deciding where I'm going to grad school within the next year, so she might be someone that could help me out. Is Stephanie the one that manages this site : http://www.caves.org/section/geogeo/programs.html ??

Even if not, this is an alright resource.
Farrar
Infrequent Poster

Name: Nathan Farrar
NSS #: 59222
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Charlottesville

College and/or university courses on speleology

Postby Ernie Coffman » Feb 6, 2010 12:14 am

Farrar, we've been collecting a list of the different colleges and universities for the past few weeks, it seems, as one individual needed to get some information on where courses on caving and karst studies were in the U.S., so that's what you've come upon. :clap: As for Stephanie, she's the Office Manager in the NSS Office in Alabama, who collects all sorts of information and doles it out, as well, on caving, but really is in charge of just about everything you can think of there, in Huntsville. :woohoo: Your list is a great one, but we've added more to it. :kewl:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to Speleology Forum