Graduate research opportunity - U. South Florida Tampa

Cave geology, biology, and similar topics. Also visit the NSS Biology Section, or the Cave Geology and Geography Section, or the NSS Paleontology Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Graduate research opportunity - U. South Florida Tampa

Postby ggpab » Feb 3, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi all,

The following notice (below) just came to my attention. The University of South Florida located in Tampa is one of those few institutions with a number of faculty dedicated to karst science and well worth checking out if you think you might be a future karst and cave scientist. I can think of at least 5 active karst researchers there with a wide range of expertise. I am not affiliated with this university but have had the pleasure of visiting there. Check out their web pages and consider contacting them directly.
Trish Beddows, PhD.

----- Original Message -----
*Sent:* Friday, February 01, 2008 1:37 PM
*Subject:* [Department_chairs] travel funds to Tampa for potential PhD
students

Dear Colleagues,

We have some limited travel funds available for prospective students to visit our campus if they are interested in completing their PhD in Geography and Environmental Science and Policy at the University of South Florida in Tampa. We have a unique program. Students can find out more by visiting this website: http://www.cas.usf.edu/geography/doct_prog.html

Interested students should contact:
Robert Brinkmann, Chair
rbrinkmn@cas.usf.edu <mailto:rbrinkmn@cas.usf.edu>
and
Graham Tobin, Graduate Director
gtobin@cas.usf.edu <mailto:gtobin@cas.usf.edu>

The deadline for application is March 1^st for full consideration as a graduate assistant with tuition waiver.

Sincerely,
Bob Brinkmann
Chair and Professor
Department of Geography
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave., NES107
Tampa, FL 33620
rbrinkmn@cas.usf.edu
(813) 974-4939

Note: Office location is NES 203
ggpab
Occasional Poster