Cave Bio Project needs

Cave geology, biology, and similar topics. Also visit the NSS Biology Section, or the Cave Geology and Geography Section, or the NSS Paleontology Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Bio Project needs

Postby kmoon » Nov 15, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi,

I posted a query a few months ago before the board was in phpBB and had gotten several great replies, however I only saved some of the posts (via email notification) and now need some of that info again.

If you hadn't replied before, I would still appreciate your input, and if you had...sorry to make you do it again! If you don't remember, well...neither do I. If I did I probably wouldn't be typing this!

Anyway, I had posted under the name "man on the moon", looking for ideas and tips on how to go about collecting and identifying organisms. The collection (yes, many were released!) was finished by the beginning of summer. I have identified some specimens, however, many are not listed in typical field guides. What books or people are good resources for this sort of thing?

I am aware that many organisms may only be identified to genus level, however, I would like to reduce the number of those if possible.

Thanks!, and sorry to make some of you repeat your thoughts.

PS--If anyone has the great fortune to discover how to resurect old posts... 8)
kmoon
Infrequent Poster

Postby Scott McCrea » Nov 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Here are some instructions on retrieving old posts:
http://www.caves.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=433

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

sweet!

Postby kmoon » Nov 15, 2005 7:49 pm

That did it, thanks Scott. :)

I had looked in the FAQ and didn't see anything, so I assumed they were lost but...anyway. This will help me greatly. Thanks again, I expect to be finished shortly.

km

ps-do you know how long google keeps its cache before renewing it?
kmoon
Infrequent Poster

Return to Speleology Forum