Spelunking Skills

Cave geology, biology, and similar topics. Also visit the NSS Biology Section, or the Cave Geology and Geography Section, or the NSS Paleontology Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Spelunking Skills

Postby Que » Aug 27, 2019 5:06 am

I am trying to build a spelunker for a game I am in. Obviously climbing is a good one. Grabbed escape for those tight spots. Curious about other useful skills aside from...

The big question! Which is more useful for spelunkers? Geology or Prospecting. Both talk a lot about ores. But my character is a fairly young adult and would mostly be familiar with the practical aspects of understanding cave structures. Spotting stable or unstable areas. That sort of thing. I'll be giving him at least two points in Geology because he grew up with parents that were cave tour guys as well as spelunkers them selves. But the practical aspect of not getting crushed to death or spotting likely good passages from bad is most important.

Also he has more recently taken up urban exploring. Architecture helps with buildings but what would cover sewers and abandoned tunnels?
Que
New Poster

Return to Speleology Forum