Need Info and Ideas for NSS Youth PowerPoint Presentation

Cave geology, biology, and similar topics. Also visit the NSS Biology Section, or the Cave Geology and Geography Section, or the NSS Paleontology Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Need Info and Ideas for NSS Youth PowerPoint Presentation

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 12, 2006 7:14 am

I get requests from cavers for a visual presentation for youth groups all the time, and so the NSS Youth Groups Liaison Committee is making it happen. My goal is to have this finished and available by the end of March, so please send your input to me soon.

I could really use some help with information, ideas, editing, photos, etc.

This PowerPoint presentation outline is available at http://www.caves.org/youth/safecavingproject.html (fixed address; Thanks Martha!) . This is a very rough outline; I'm sure the end result will be very different.

If you'd like to submit photos, please send them to nssyouth@msn.com in jpeg format, and list how you would like your name to appear for the credit.

If you'd like to adopt a slide and make it better (at this stage it's not hard to do!), please copy the slide, tweak it, and then send the slide in an attachment to me at the nssyouth@msn.com address. The slides will be edited if needed for consistency with the rest of the program. I'm looking for short bullets of info that can be used with audiences of 12 years of age to adults.

For the folks who help out with this, I plan to have a page at the begining or end listing your name and the slide you created. Photos will have the credit listed with the photo. However, I'm open to other ways of giving credit.

I have dial-up and so please make sure any file size is less than 600 KB. I think that's the right unit. Anyway, the size has to be pretty small. Or send your photos on a CD to Pat Bingham, 118 Autumn Dr., Stafford, VA 22556.Please include your e-mail address. I will not be able to return the disks.

Thanks much,

Pat Bingham, Chair, NSS Youth Groups Liaison Committee
Last edited by Patricia Bingham on Mar 13, 2006 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Re: Need Info and Ideas for NSS Youth PowerPoint Presentatio

Postby mgmills » Mar 12, 2006 9:37 pm

Patricia Bingham wrote:This PowerPoint presentation outline is available at http://www.caves.org/youth/nss_youth_home.htm . This is a very rough outline; I'm sure the end result will be very different.

Pat - your link takes us to the "home page" for the youth groups. From the homepage one needs to click on the "Cave Safely, Cave Softly" . . . or use this link http://www.caves.org/youth/safecavingproject.html

Also, when it opens on the web it doesn't open like a regular powerpoint. To get it to be a powerpoint presentation I had to save it to my computer as a powerpoint file.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 13, 2006 4:26 am

OOOPS!! Wonder how I managed to mangle all that?! Thanks for the input.

I'll add the info the other notes that I plastered all over the DB.
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Return to Speleology Forum