31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

Postby graveleye » Oct 2, 2008 8:19 am

I know for certain some folks don't go caving. I know for certain that others do. I certainly plan on caving at least one vertical and one horizontal cave, but I don't know which ones yet.

Some folks just like to come and hang out with folks... sort of like a family reunion. I try to do a little of both.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Scoon1 » Oct 2, 2008 9:59 am

Yes, despite all appearances, there will be some caving going on. I'm planning to join a vertical trip Friday and take the family to an easy cave Saturday. We are planning to be back early so we can get dinner finished before the festivities :banana: :banana_yay: :woohoo:
Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby hoosiercaver1 » Oct 2, 2008 3:12 pm

I plan on trying to get on at least 2 trips, if not three. No one wants to go thursday evening though :down: or I would definetly would go 3 times.
http://www.hoosiercaving.webs.com

We are Halfway There!!!

Slow caving is Safe Caving!!!
hoosiercaver1
Prolific Poster

Name: John Shultheis
NSS #: 59560
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Postby wendy » Oct 2, 2008 5:37 pm

Ok I guess it's time for me to decide what walkie talkie channel I will use this year. I pick channel 6. So if you have one of those radios bring it. I find that they are a good way to find folks in the campground and can also be entertaining when folks are drunk or just acting silly. I will have it with me any time i am in the campground. I plan on camping near where I was last year, which is up the road that runs between the bath house and the spa, about halfway up that road on the left.

Graham (my boyfriend and newbie caver with 5 caves under his belt now) and I will be arriving Thursday when the gates open. Don't plan on caving Thursday, I like that day to set up, drink, be social, and shop, hit the hot tub before it gets funky, etc.

Friday night......sure we will meet up with everyone at dark by the stage.

Gas.....I was just in Orlando last weekend and it was cheaper there than it was here in Gainesville. And as far as I know we have plenty of it down here. We had the rush at the pumps just that one day, and that was it.

weather....i just checked the weather for mentone and menlo for next week on weather.com, looks sunny, high to mid 70's during the day and anywhere between 53 and 48 at night, sounds good to me.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby incavenow » Oct 3, 2008 5:43 am

Gas supplies looking better here in LaFayette today. Wal-mart is $3.74, everyone else around is at $3.76 or better. It looks like the stations that were out all got a load yesterday. :banana:
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby graveleye » Oct 3, 2008 7:48 am

That's great news!! I guess they probably have gas over in Trenton too, especially since they're right on the Interstate. I've been concerned about that. The last time I've had to restrict my travel because of gas, it was typical teenage lack-of-funds.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby mgmills » Oct 3, 2008 8:51 am

Gates open at noon one week from yesterday. :bananabat:

This will be the first time in years that I haven't been there at the opening of the gates. :sad: I'll be in a class (ACLS - I'm a nurse) until ~5 pm Central Time. Leaving from the class headed to the Cave-In. ~ 1 hour travel time. Should be arriving ~7 pm Eastern Time. :banana_yay:
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Scoon1 » Oct 3, 2008 9:13 am

:woohoo: Let the Countdown begin!! I hope to arrive around 4pm Thursday. What are we doing for dinner? I could have a large pot of beef stew ready for wanderers to partake of. Let me know.
Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby caveflower » Oct 3, 2008 10:40 am

I'm sooooo excited! :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :banana_yay: :bananabat: :bananabat: :bananabat: :bananabat: 6 more days!
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Postby wendy » Oct 3, 2008 11:11 am

Will there be a concession stand again this year? They had the BEST bbq sandwiches last year!
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby mgmills » Oct 3, 2008 11:34 am

wendy wrote:Will there be a concession stand again this year? They had the BEST bbq sandwiches last year!

I'm pretty sure it is the same concession this year. Not sure if they will be there Thursday night or if they start on Friday. I always bring sandwich stuff and a few cans of quick to eat stuff.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby JNT Exploration1 » Oct 3, 2008 4:44 pm

Well folks I will sure try to be there at the Cave-in, I have not met any of ya'll yet but hopefully that will change. If all goes well we will be the ones with four kids, a deer in the headlight look and the green army canopy!
hmmmmm mmmmm
Jason-
JNT Exploration1
Frequent Poster

Name: Jason and Traca

Postby mgmills » Oct 3, 2008 6:06 pm

JNT Exploration1 wrote:Well folks I will sure try to be there at the Cave-in, I have not met any of ya'll yet but hopefully that will change. If all goes well we will be the ones with four kids, a deer in the headlight look and the green army canopy!
hmmmmm mmmmm
Jason-

Saw you post on the B&C Wunderwear thread. If you make it to the cave-in you can actually see Wunderwear and the lady who makes it.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby incavenow » Oct 3, 2008 6:55 pm

Gas in LaFayette down to $3.71-$3.72 and looks like everyone has some right now...Looking good for the Cave-In..Don't forget you can buy beer 24 hours a day in LaFayette, except Sundays,( at midnight Saturday it stops). So, if ya'll run short, find a sober friend(hehe :rofl: )to make a beer run for ya.
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby wendy » Oct 3, 2008 7:11 pm

incavenow wrote:Gas in LaFayette down to $3.71-$3.72 and looks like everyone has some right now...Looking good for the Cave-In..Don't forget you can buy beer 24 hours a day in LaFayette, except Sundays,( at midnight Saturday it stops). So, if ya'll run short, find a sober friend(hehe :rofl: )to make a beer run for ya.

I will not be sober this year, i promise, i don't know what i was thinking last year. :calvin: :beer30: :whiskey: :toast: :flammable:

wendy
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events