31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 2:49 pm

so... are we all going to have a Cave-Chat meet-N-greet out in front of the bandstand on Friday night?
I think we should!

I know I am going to disappoint all my loyal fans (all 2 of them lol) but Shannon and I are not going to be performing at the Friday night open mic this year. I just don't want to have to keep up with my guitar and stuff this year. (the Cave-in is probably breathing a sigh of relief hahaha)

I promise, I will return to the stage next year!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Scoon1 » Oct 1, 2008 2:54 pm

I would like to meet up with the DB people. I think it would be fun to put a face with all these nick names LOL. What time??
Last edited by Scoon1 on Oct 3, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 2:59 pm

how about oh dark o'clock?
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby Tim White » Oct 1, 2008 3:20 pm

graveleye wrote:so... are we all going to have a Cave-Chat meet-N-greet out in front of the bandstand on Friday night?
I think we should!

A great idea but I won't be able to make it Friday night. TinY and Nikky "Princesses Butterfly" are getting married nearby. Will be back at the Cave-In after the wedding. See everyone then.

Berta and I will be hanging-out at the climbing contest, at the SRT practice area and around the IMO booth. Make sure you introduce yourself and say Hi. :waving:
Be safe,
Tim White 26949 RL FE

Southeastern Region Coordinator - NCRC
Editor, Nylon Highway
Senior Technical Manager - Over the Edge, Inc.
Tim White
Global Moderator

Postby caveflower » Oct 1, 2008 3:23 pm

I'll be there sounds fun!
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 3:32 pm

we've done it the past few years and I've met a lot of folks that way. It is fun.

Tim, aren't we more important than some silly old wedding? :shrug:
:big grin:
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 3:32 pm

Oh, and by the way, I look exactly like my avatar, so you'll know me when you see me.
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby Scott McCrea » Oct 1, 2008 4:00 pm

I'll be manning the Swaygo Booth. :banana: I hope you all get to see me.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby mgmills » Oct 1, 2008 4:06 pm

graveleye wrote:so... are we all going to have a Cave-Chat meet-N-greet out in front of the bandstand on Friday night?
I think we should!

I know I am going to disappoint all my loyal fans (all 2 of them lol) but Shannon and I are not going to be performing at the Friday night open mic this year. I just don't want to have to keep up with my guitar and stuff this year. (the Cave-in is probably breathing a sigh of relief hahaha)

I promise, I will return to the stage next year!

FYI - this year there is no Friday night "open mic" . . . My hubby has organized it the last couple of years and this year he needed a break . . . of course folks can still meet in front of the stage.

If it isn't raining there may be some "jamming" by the firering on vendor's row.

I'll be spending my cave-in time between Glenn's KVART booth on vendor's row and the DCG booth on vendor's row. . . of course I'll also visit IMO and the climbing contest.

Martha
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby mgmills » Oct 1, 2008 4:12 pm

graveleye wrote:Oh, and by the way, I look exactly like my avatar, so you'll know me when you see me.

Funny!

I don't look like my avatar but I do have a dragonfly tattoo on my left shoulder. If it is warm during the day Saturday you might see it.

I look like this

Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 6:07 pm

mgmills wrote:
graveleye wrote:FYI - this year there is no Friday night "open mic" . . . My hubby has organized it the last couple of years and this year he needed a break . . . of course folks can still meet in front of the stage.

whew,... now I have an excuse to not disappoint the masses :tonguecheek:
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Second TAG Fall Cave-in Map/Photo/Art Salon

Postby kvart » Oct 1, 2008 7:09 pm

There will be the Second TAG Fall Cave-In "Cavers Choice" Map/Photo/Art Salon at the Dogwood City Grotto booth/salon area on Vendors Row during the 31st TAG Fall Cave-In. Attendees will get to vote for their favorite maps/photos/art. Voting will occur from 8 p.m. Friday evening to 6 p.m. Saturday. So cartographers, photographers, and artists, please bring your latest works to show at the Cave-In! And everyone, come on over and vote for your favorite! There are three sets of rules that follow.

Rules for the Map Salon:
1. There will be two categories, large caves and small caves - the cutoff in length will be determined based on the entries.
2. Maps that have already won a "major" award (Best of Show or First Place) at an NSS Salon (NSS Convention, SERA Winter Business Meeting...) are ineligible for the contest (you already got recognition). Lesser awards such as honorable mention or merit awards are okay.
3. Maps cannot be more than 5 years old.
4. Any maps that don't meet criterion 2 and 3 along with any unfinished maps can be entered "For Show Only" and will be displayed as space permits.
5. Maps can be dropped off at the KVART booth on vendors row before 7 p.m. on Friday evening. Brent Aulenbach will be in the map salon area to accept and set up maps between 7 and 8 pm on Friday evening. Any maps brought after 8 p.m. on Friday can still be entered, but you will have to follow the self serve registration directions located in the map salon area and hang up your own map with the provided supplies. Note that voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening, so you may miss out on some possible votes for your map if you enter it after this time - o well...
6. Please enter only copies of maps as damage to maps is possible.
7. Voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening and will end at 6 p.m. on Saturday night.
8. All Cave-In attendees (including entrants) are allowed one ballot in which they can vote for their first and second favorite maps in both the large and small cave categories.
9. Maps will get two points for each first-place vote, and one point for each second-place vote. The map with the most points in each category will win first place in that category.
10. Number of maps awarded additional "places" (second, third...) will be determined based on the number of entries.

Rules for the Photo Salon:
1. There will be two categories, one category with life(bats, crickets, cavers, etc), one category without life (just the cave itself).
2. Photos that have already won a "major" award (Best of Show or First Place) at an NSS Salon (NSS Convention, SERA Winter Business Meeting...) are ineligible for the contest (you already got recognition). Lesser awards such as honorable mention or merit awards are okay.
3. Photos can be dropped off at the KVART booth on vendors row before 7 p.m. on Friday evening. Larry Brown will be in the photo salon area to accept and set up photos between 7 and 8 pm on Friday evening. Any photos brought after 8 p.m. on Friday can still be entered, but you will have to follow the self serve registration directions located in the photo salon area and hang up your own photo with the provided supplies. Note that voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening, so you may miss out on some possible votes for your photo if you enter it after this time - o well...
4. Please enter only copies of photos as damage to photos is possible.
5. Voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening and will end at 6 p.m. on Saturday night.
6. All Cave-In attendees (including entrants) are allowed one ballot in which they can vote for their first and second favorite photos in both categories.
7. Photos will get two points for each first-place vote, and one point for each second-place vote. The photo with the most points in each category will win first place in that category.
8. Number of photos awarded additional "places" (second, third...) will be determined based on the number of entries.
9. Matted photos are ok, in fact it would be easier to display if they were. Framed and ready to hang photos are acceptible also, but remember, this is an outside event and sometimes Mother Nature ...........well.......see rule #4.

Rules for the Art Salon:
1. There will be one category, art.
2. Art that has already won a "major" award (Best of Show or First Place) at an NSS Salon (NSS Convention, SERA Winter Business Meeting...) is ineligible for the contest (you already got recognition). Lesser awards such as honorable mention or merit awards are okay.
3. Art work can be dropped off at the KVART booth on vendors row before 7 p.m. on Friday evening. I will be in the art salon area to accept and set up art work between 7 and 8 pm on Friday evening. Any art brought after 8 p.m. on Friday can still be entered, but you will have to follow the self serve registration directions located in the art salon area and hang up your own art with the provided supplies. Note that voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening, so you may miss out on some possible votes for your art work if you enter it after this time - o well...
4. Voting will start at 8 p.m. on Friday evening and will end at 6 p.m. on Saturday night.
5. All Cave-In attendees (including entrants) are allowed one ballot in which they can vote for their first and second favorite art work.
6. Art work will get two points for each first-place vote, and one point for each second-place vote. The art with the most points in each category will win first place in that category.
7. Number of art work awarded additional "places" (second, third...) will be determined based on the number of entries.
8. Please note that the Art Salon will be in a vending type enclosed canopy and I know it is impossible to make a copy of art work, but we cannot ensure your art work will endure harsh weather…..remember the Indiana Convention Camp Ground!

And who knows, there might be prizes!

Looking forward to seeing your great art work at the Second TAG Fall Cave-in Map/Photo/Art Salon. If you have any questions, just contact me.

Thanks
Glenn Mills
Vice Chair 31st TAG Fall Cave-in

Permission granted to re-post to other caver's lists.
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Postby boogercaver71 » Oct 1, 2008 9:25 pm

About 8 of our group from SW MO will be there, in fact we are going to start our trip this Sat in Tenn and cave for about 4 days and end up at TAG . I look forward to meeting you all. :banana_yay:
boogercaver71
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19471

Postby Amocholes » Oct 2, 2008 4:30 am

Does anyone actually cave at this event?
When facts are few and far between, hypothesis defies all logic, as to how an individual came to the conclusion, that the point that they are trying to make, is indeed true and not just the fabrications of a deluded mind.
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

Name: Don
NSS #: 49385
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Stonewall Cavers

Postby mgmills » Oct 2, 2008 8:15 am

Amocholes wrote:Does anyone actually cave at this event?

Some people do go caving. There will be sign-up sheets for trips at the SCCi booth on vendor's row.

I know graveleye and wendy are planning on going caving as well as some other DB posters. Since my husband is a vendor and we (he and I) are coordinating the DCG booth we will be stayiig on site and not caving.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events