31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

Postby boogercaver71 » Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm

PARTY! :banana:
boogercaver71
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19471

Postby mgmills » Sep 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Kevenater wrote:I Did I read correctly that it's $60 for registration? I hope not!! lol I planned on taking my brother and his gf, but there is no way he'll pay that much..... We wanted to go sat morning and camp sat night. Haven't been since it was moved from Sequoyah caverns. What is there to do during the evening? We wouldn't be caving. His gf gets bored very easily....... :roll:

boogercaver71 pretty much answerd the "What is there to do?" question with his one word answer. PARTY! :bananabat:

Saturday there will be the climbing contest during the day and you can visit the vendors. On Saturday night there will be a band and of course the vendors will be open. Other than that you can wander from camp to camp looking for a party.

Registration at the gate is $37 per person NSS member and $47 for non-NSS guests.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Amocholes » Sep 30, 2008 4:14 am

I'll be there! Sent my registration this morning. :banana_yay: :banana: :bananabat:
When facts are few and far between, hypothesis defies all logic, as to how an individual came to the conclusion, that the point that they are trying to make, is indeed true and not just the fabrications of a deluded mind.
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

Name: Don
NSS #: 49385
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Stonewall Cavers

Postby cavercrew » Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Amocholes wrote:I'll be there! Sent my registration this morning. :banana_yay: :banana: :bananabat:

I was under the impression that pre-registration closed on September 1st. Hope thats not a problem.

Mike
cavercrew
Frequent Poster

Name: Mike Hopkins
NSS #: 53727
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pigeon Mountain Grotto

Postby mgmills » Sep 30, 2008 6:13 pm

cavercrew wrote:
Amocholes wrote:I'll be there! Sent my registration this morning. :banana_yay: :banana: :bananabat:

I was under the impression that pre-registration closed on September 1st. Hope thats not a problem.

Mike

Having worked on the Cave-In and registration for several years now there are always a few that are sent after the deadline. Usually they arrive just after the deadline from people trying to squeak by and get the discount. These are accepted and marked for collection of the additional $10 at the gate.

Hopefully Amocholes' registration will be received in a timely fashion and will arrive at the registration desk "on site". I will e-mail the pre-reg person and ask her to be on the lookout for it. If she doesn't get it you may have to pay at the gate and she will return your check when she gets it.

Anyone else who has not pre-registered should not mail a registration. . . bring your checkbook or cash to the gate. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby Amocholes » Oct 1, 2008 4:10 am

Figuring that it was already after the early registration, I paid the extra $10. I could have paid at the gate but its nice to let someone know you're coming.
When facts are few and far between, hypothesis defies all logic, as to how an individual came to the conclusion, that the point that they are trying to make, is indeed true and not just the fabrications of a deluded mind.
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

Postby mgmills » Oct 1, 2008 8:20 am

Amocholes wrote:Figuring that it was already after the early registration, I paid the extra $10. I could have paid at the gate but its nice to let someone know you're coming.

I talked to the pre-reg person by phone last night. She will be looking for your registration form. The reason I told others not to mail it is because time is growing short and if the mail was delayed for some reason it might not arrive before she departs for the Cave-In.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 10:30 am

I'm curious how the gas situation is up there at present. Is it getting better around say, Lafayette or Trenton? I can get to the cave-in and back on one tank of gas, but I'm going to want to at least do something while I'm up there.

Things are slowly getting to normal here in Atlanta.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby incavenow » Oct 1, 2008 11:08 am

graveleye wrote:I'm curious how the gas situation is up there at present. Is it getting better around say, Lafayette or Trenton? I can get to the cave-in and back on one tank of gas, but I'm going to want to at least do something while I'm up there.

Things are slowly getting to normal here in Atlanta.

The gas situation seems to be getting worse instead of better here in LaFayette at the moment. The Murphy's at Wal-Mart is the only station with gas as of last night. Some of the other stations had gotten limited deliveries and have since run out. I called my wife at her job yesterday and had her stop on the way home to fill up. No gas in Chickamauga or Rock Springs. She had to wait in line here at Murphys for 45 minutes. I went to Wal-Mart later to pick up some things and saw there were still huge lines at the pumps. At that rate, they aren't gonna have any gas unless they get a delivery. We're all hoping this shortage problem works itself out real soon. Surely this will be cleared up in time for the Cave-In. Thank goodness I only live 25 miles from the campground!
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 12:11 pm

I would think it would be cleared up. I hope so anyway.
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby Scott McCrea » Oct 1, 2008 12:26 pm

I got gas yesterday morning for the first time in almost three weeks. The station was empty by noon. It's still dry now.

I may stick my bike in the truck next weekend, in case I need to pedal the last 75 miles or so to Lookout Mtn. I'll get there somehow.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby graveleye » Oct 1, 2008 12:55 pm

That last hill up from Trenton is a real bear on a bike :yikes:
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby mgmills » Oct 1, 2008 1:18 pm

incavenow wrote:The gas situation seems to be getting worse instead of better here in LaFayette at the moment. The Murphy's at Wal-Mart is the only station with gas as of last night. Some of the other stations had gotten limited deliveries and have since run out. I called my wife at her job yesterday and had her stop on the way home to fill up. No gas in Chickamauga or Rock Springs. She had to wait in line here at Murphys for 45 minutes. I went to Wal-Mart later to pick up some things and saw there were still huge lines at the pumps. At that rate, they aren't gonna have any gas unless they get a delivery. We're all hoping this shortage problem works itself out real soon. Surely this will be cleared up in time for the Cave-In. Thank goodness I only live 25 miles from the campground!

Between Sewanee and the Cave-In site there have been sporadic shortages since the hurricane hit the Texas coast. I'm definitely keeping a closer eye on my gas guage and filling up between an 1/4 tanks and 1/2 tank instead of running down to empty.

If you go caving during the event buy gas near where you cave if there isn't gas near the Cave-In site.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby roger_haley » Oct 1, 2008 1:42 pm

Driving back from UT two day ago there was gas everywhere! I paid as little as $3.19 a gal. in OK. But man when I hit the AL border it JUMPED!
Around here in Huntsville people are panic buying!!!!!
Roger Haley
Huntsville, Alabama
roger_haley
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 29236FL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Huntsville

Postby Amocholes » Oct 1, 2008 1:57 pm

mgmills wrote:
Amocholes wrote:Figuring that it was already after the early registration, I paid the extra $10. I could have paid at the gate but its nice to let someone know you're coming.

I talked to the pre-reg person by phone last night. She will be looking for your registration form. The reason I told others not to mail it is because time is growing short and if the mail was delayed for some reason it might not arrive before she departs for the Cave-In.

Thanks Martha!
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events