2008 Convention Car Pooling Forum

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

2008 Convention Car Pooling Forum

Postby durkion » Jul 6, 2008 12:54 pm

Lets try to make getting to convention a little more economical for everyone this year. Lets face it, gas prices are high and the economy sucks. We could all stand to save some money on gas. Even if it's just to spend more on gear and books at convention!!
:grin:
The NSS convention staff is hoping you will use this forum to find car pooling options. You may think it will be hard to find someone who will want to travel on your schedule, maybe you can ride one way with one group and make the return trip with another.

If you have space in your vehicle or are looking to catch a ride with someone, please post some info. Maybe the rough starting location and your dates of travel.

If we work together on this not only can we all save a little gas money, but we can lower the carbon budget for this convention. Now that benefits the whole world.
:bat sticker:
durkion
Occasional Poster

Name: Cara
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Florida Speleological Society

Re: 2008 Convention Car Pooling Forum

Postby jlillest » Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Anybody passing through the Knoxville or Chattanooga area on Monday and returning sometime on Saturday? I can drive but prefer to ride. One-way or both is fine.

Email or PM if interested.

-Jon L
Knoxville, TN
Last edited by jlillest on Dec 16, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlillest
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 53971
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CDS

Postby TheFrenchman » Jul 29, 2008 9:29 am

Hey,

I'd like to road trip down to the convention, but it is dependent on filling my Jeep. I live in Ann Arbor, MI, and there is one other person who would like to ride down. I can easily and comfortably fit five people and gear in my vehicle so there is room for three more. unfortunately, I can't get the whole week off of work so I wold be Driving down on Wednesday and driving back sometime on Sunday. Any takers? The plan wold be to cave after convention as well.
Ce qui importe, ce n'est pas d'arriver, mais d'aller vers.
TheFrenchman
Infrequent Poster

Name: Stephen Gladieux
NSS #: 057013
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Detroit Urban Grotto

Postby ellenhof » Aug 5, 2008 2:22 pm

I plan to leave Asheville, NC early Saturday the 9th and return on the 16th. I have room for several passengers, but I'm still ceratin of the best route and therefore which cities I'll pass through. Suggestions are welcome!
Ellen Hofler
ellenhof
Infrequent Poster

Name: Ellen Hofler
NSS #: 43665
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse

Return to Caver Events