FIREWOOD FOR TAG CAVE-IN

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

FIREWOOD FOR TAG CAVE-IN

Postby incavenow » Aug 25, 2007 5:54 pm

I talked to Mrs. Walden at Southern Log Wholesales today and have gotten permission for anyone who needs fire wood for the Cave-In to stop by their sawmill and load up all the slabs they want. All she asks is for people not to make a mess of the slab piles digging into them. There is a HUGE pile of white oak slabs in front of the mill that will make great firewood. She did warn me they are getting a chipper soon and are gonna grind up all the slabs. But she didn't seem to think they would get it set up before the first weekend of October. If that changes, I'll notify everyone. The sawmill is very easy to find. One mile north of LaFayette on Hwy 27 on the west side of the highway and visible from the road. I've already got mine cut up. :wtg:. I was informed this drought we are in might cause a fire ban. So if you're planning on having a campfire, it would be a good idea to have a contained fire pan to keep it off of the ground. Bring a rake to clean around the campfire area and be safe. :exactly:
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby incavenow » Sep 21, 2007 9:18 pm

They still don't have that wood chipper set up, so there is plenty of wood still on the lot if any local cavers want to get a head start on their firewood..
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Return to Caver Events