No Rocky Mountain Regional This Year

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

No Rocky Mountain Regional This Year

Postby Wayne Harrison » Jun 30, 2007 8:57 pm

Wyoming passed on hosting the Rocky Mountain Regional last year. An unofficial regional was hosted by the MadRats in Colorado last Labor Day but no business meeting was held during it, so no state officially accepted this year's event.

The Utah Grottos voted to host this year's regional but this note was posted today on the Colorado Caves and Caving Forum:

Because of the lack of response from Utah cavers to actively support the 2007 Rocky Mountain Regional at Kane Hollow, those individuals charged with finding help for the various chores decided to throw in the towel. There will be no RMR this year unless some other state decides to give it ago.
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby lenslover2003 » Jul 2, 2007 12:57 am

That's unfortunate,but I can understand not wanting to take on the logistics of such a gathering.

As a person who lives kinda in the area,I rather like the idea of having informal,but fun,gatherings. Low key,bring your own stuff,and just stay in a Forest Service campground. All that is needed is a few guides for various cave trips. I'm sure other state's cavers feel the same way.

While it's not the same as an "officially sanctioned" event,if you are in the Black Hills,I can get you into some caves. Maybe not Wind or Jewel,but we have other ones,too.

Hopefully,others in the region will chime in,too.
Blessed are the cracked......for they shall let in the light.......
lenslover2003
Frequent Poster

Return to Caver Events