2007 TAG Fall Cave-in

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Our neck of the woods

Postby Margie Haven » Aug 16, 2007 11:03 am

Finally the convenience of my backyard, this is gonna be sweet :banana:
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself....
Margie Haven
Frequent Poster

Name: Margie Haven
NSS #: 61048
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga Grotto

Postby graveleye » Aug 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Good grief you can't even buy beer 24 hours a day in Atlanta!!!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Casper » Aug 25, 2007 11:34 am

I'm heading to TAG this year. Right know I think I'm on my own if I cant seem to find where I stuck some of my vertical gear last. Anyone think they might have room for one more on a few flat trips if I cant find the needle in the haystack?
"Lets go exploring. If we find something unpleasant, at least it will be something new."
Casper
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 52370

cost of tag

Postby CAVERSCOTTM » Aug 29, 2007 1:01 pm

Hey fellow cavers how much is it to go to tag. The prereg for is not working on my acrobat so i cant see it.
CAVERSCOTTM
Infrequent Poster

Fall TAG Cave-In

Postby pacaver » Aug 29, 2007 4:41 pm

I get the same error, but I believe last year it was $35.00 with a $10.00 discount for preregistration.
Kevin Dunleavy
York Grotto
MAKC
SCCI
NSS
pacaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 47644

Postby JoeyS » Aug 29, 2007 5:16 pm

Right. 25.00 if your registration is postmarked by August 31st (friday). 35.00 after that. I procrastinated but it's in the mail now!

NSS #: 57719
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby wendy » Aug 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Anyone planning on caving TAG thursday after setting up camp? I'd like to go somewhere, probably easy after my drive up.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby incavenow » Aug 30, 2007 5:07 pm

Has anyone talked to Tamara lately and found out how many have pre-registered? Be nice to know how many of our brothers and sisters are going to show this year.
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby mgmills » Aug 30, 2007 9:49 pm

incavenow wrote:Has anyone talked to Tamara lately and found out how many have pre-registered? Be nice to know how many of our brothers and sisters are going to show this year.

Cavers are usually procrastinators. :tonguecheek: Most wait until the deadline to pre-register. Also there are a lot of people who wait to register at the gate in spite of the fact that it costs more.

Last couple of years the attendance has been in the 1100 range if my memory serves me correctly.

BTW - the event is not TAG . . . it is the TAG Fall Cave-In or "Cave-In" for short.

TAG is Tennessee-Alabama-Georgia . . . the area where the caves are.

Sorry , , , just my pet peeve.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby graveleye » Aug 31, 2007 10:56 am

I kept correcting Shannon about that at first, then when everyone else started calling it TAG, I fell right in... :oops:

Last year, we got there and found we had NO CASH!!! Luckily there was a little diner down neat Cloudland Canyon that had an ATM machine or we would have had to drive all the way to Trenton to get some dough. Don't show up thinking credit cards are going to work!!!!
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby incavenow » Aug 31, 2007 3:12 pm

Sorry Martha about stompin all over your peeve. I do know its called the Cave-In, etc. TAG was just my shorthand way of expressing it. And you did know what I was referring to. lol :argue:
My reason for asking for an idea of how many would show is to let my first time camping wife know what kinda crowd she can expect. I'm getting the jitters myself waiting for this one. It's been a few years since my last Cave-In and this will be my first at the new site.
BTW, I'm gonna skip a family reunion to be up there the 8th to help out again. (Dem reunion things is boring, anyway). See ya then.
:thanks:
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby mgmills » Sep 3, 2007 8:31 pm

incavenow wrote:Sorry Martha about stompin all over your peeve. I do know its called the Cave-In, etc. TAG was just my shorthand way of expressing it. And you did know what I was referring to. lol :argue:
My reason for asking for an idea of how many would show is to let my first time camping wife know what kinda crowd she can expect. I'm getting the jitters myself waiting for this one. It's been a few years since my last Cave-In and this will be my first at the new site.
BTW, I'm gonna skip a family reunion to be up there the 8th to help out again. (Dem reunion things is boring, anyway). See ya then.
:thanks:

I guess my big red writing was maybe kinda strong. . . but the Cave-In is special to me. It was my first ever caving event and also for the last 8-9 years I've been to most work weekends preparing for the event. The "new" site is certainly different than the "old" one and the event is a little different but it is still a great event. The current site is still evolving.

This year is the 30th Cave-In so it is a "milestone" for the event.

The attendance is usually in the neighborhood of 1000 people.

Graveleye does make a good point. You can't register with a credit card or debit card. Cash or Checks are acceptable.

Rember too that you must be an NSS member or guest of an NSS member to attend. (incavenow, I'm not talking to you here. . . just "the caving public" in general.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby graveleye » Sep 4, 2007 12:50 pm

One month from today! Where we gonna go cavin at? :woohoo:
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » Sep 4, 2007 1:10 pm

graveleye wrote:One month from today! Where we gonna go cavin at? :woohoo:

So far I got a photo trip to Cedar Ridge Crystal Cave and a just for fun tip to Bible Springs Cave. Would like to plan a couple more trips.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby graveleye » Sep 4, 2007 1:38 pm

what's the scoop on Rusty's? We just went to Cedar Ridge not too long ago. If it stays as dry as it has been I might consider Bible Springs, but I don't want to freeze my keester off:)
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events