2006 TAG Fall Cave-in

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

2006 TAG Fall Cave-in

Postby wendy » Aug 16, 2006 9:37 am

http://tagfallcavein.org/

It's almost that time of year again. October 5-8, 2006 are the dates. I am mailing off my pre-registration form and money tomorrow.

Who's all going this year? For those of you that live out west or other countries, you should make the trip over for this. It's a great event. The Atlanta and Chattanooga Airports are the closest ones around I think.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby DeWayne » Aug 16, 2006 12:01 pm

We're already registered. Looking forward to getting back down and laying some more line.
Gobwats
DeWayne
Frequent Poster

Name: DeWayne Hyatt PhD
NSS #: NSS# 53694
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CDS GCG

Postby graveleye » Aug 16, 2006 12:28 pm

we're going :banana:

all the skeeters and yellerjackets should be gone by then too!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Scott McCrea » Aug 16, 2006 2:31 pm

I'll be there.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby kvart » Aug 16, 2006 5:24 pm

........also!

Back by popular demand is Friday Nite Open Mike! If you are musically inclined (talented or not) bring your musical instrument and join us. Last year we had lots of excellent entertainment.......some from Cavechat that performed last year were Dangerjudy, CaveRat, and me :rock band: We also had fire twirlers, jugglers, belly dancers....etc. (...and a dancing bannana? :banana: ) Open Mike will be on stage at the Fri nite fire from 7-10. After that (if I can play my cards right) we will have Kaver Karoke from 10 -midnite..........so, even if you cant play a musical instrument, you can still have your 3 minutes of TAG fame!

.....so bring your chairs and coolers to the Fri nite fire and plan on being thourghly entertained!

fer sure!

:frymyhide:
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Postby wendy » Aug 16, 2006 6:10 pm

kvart wrote:........also!

Back by popular demand is Friday Nite Open Mike! If you are musically inclined (talented or not) bring your musical instrument and join us. Last year we had lots of excellent entertainment.......some from Cavechat that performed last year were Dangerjudy, CaveRat, and me :rock band: We also had fire twirlers, jugglers, belly dancers....etc. (...and a dancing bannana? :banana: ) Open Mike will be on stage at the Fri nite fire from 7-10. After that (if I can play my cards right) we will have Kaver Karoke from 10 -midnite..........so, even if you cant play a musical instrument, you can still have your 3 minutes of TAG fame!

.....so bring your chairs and coolers to the Fri nite fire and plan on being thourghly entertained!

fer sure!

:frymyhide:

So do you think that the Friday night would be a good night to have a cavechat get together or should we wait until Saturday night. I liked the little wine get together we had alst year, and I even went and bought some Florida wine to bring this year.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Fall TAG cave-in

Postby pacaver » Aug 16, 2006 8:11 pm

I'll be there, probably with a flock of Canadian cavers, and maybe a Pennsylvania caver or two. Big pits, long ropes, great company, great camping, and vendors row. What more can you ask for? :kewl:
Kevin Dunleavy
York Grotto
MAKC
SCCI
NSS
pacaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 47644

TAG 2006 - Here we come

Postby CaverScott » Aug 16, 2006 8:52 pm

We have registered as well. :woohoo: We will also bring wine like last year. :banana:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby JohnL » Aug 16, 2006 9:26 pm

I have never been to one, always was out of town or had to work so I missed it.
I'm not seeing a issue this year and am thinking bout going, I was looking over at the site at the FAQ's trying to find out what all happens at one of these.
Former member of the flashlight community
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby mgmills » Aug 16, 2006 9:36 pm

JohnL wrote:I have never been to one, always was out of town or had to work so I missed it.
I'm not seeing a issue this year and am thinking bout going, I was looking over at the site at the FAQ's trying to find out what all happens at one of these.

Pre-reg must be postmarked by Sept 1, 2006. Saves you $10.

Please note that you must be an NSS member to register. An NSS member can bring a couple of non-NSS members but the fee is $10 higher.

Also note the hours that registration is open. These are on the pre-registration form.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby JohnL » Aug 16, 2006 9:54 pm

Thanks, I got that. I was curious as to "what all" went on at one of these. My 7 year old son has been showing a serious interest in caves and I noticed that children could come and I thought it might be nice for a father/son trip.
Former member of the flashlight community
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby mgmills » Aug 16, 2006 10:02 pm

JohnL wrote:Thanks, I got that. I was curious as to "what all" went on at one of these. My 7 year old son has been showing a serious interest in caves and I noticed that children could come and I thought it might be nice for a father/son trip.

There will be some kids activities. The event isn't too far from some kid friendly caves.

Saturday night is definitely a PARTY atmosphere. . . you will need to judge how much of that he is up for. It is usually pretty kid friendly up to an hour or so after the lighting of the big bonfire.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Eve » Aug 16, 2006 11:00 pm

If I can only be there Saturday and Sunday, will I miss a lot of good stuff?
Eve
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 50678
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby Realms » Aug 16, 2006 11:01 pm

I'll be there this year. Bringing the ice cream maker :-)
never stop imagining what could someday come to pass...
Realms
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Saturday is great

Postby CaverScott » Aug 17, 2006 8:31 am

Eve wrote:If I can only be there Saturday and Sunday, will I miss a lot of good stuff?

The "BIG" night is Saturday night; however, Friday night is very cool as well. Everybody packs up and leaves pretty much by noon on Sunday.
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Next

Return to Caver Events