*edit*

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

*edit*

Postby DoesNssCare » Sep 23, 2005 5:12 pm

*edit*
Last edited by DoesNssCare on Sep 15, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoesNssCare
Infrequent Poster

*edit*

Postby DoesNssCare » Sep 23, 2005 5:14 pm

*edit*
Last edited by DoesNssCare on Sep 15, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoesNssCare
Infrequent Poster

Postby Wayne Harrison » Sep 23, 2005 6:39 pm

If the email you posted is real and actually from that caver it sounds like he realized he was wrong and took steps to correct his mistake.

At least he signed his real name.
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby Grandpa Caver » Sep 23, 2005 7:18 pm

For what it's worth, I've been attending Speleofest for the last 20 years. Most have gone without any apparent problems. This was the LG's first Speleofest at LSP.

I've had enough experience to know that hosting any event in a new enviroment is tough. the details are compounded and oversites are inevitable

Sounds to me like the problem is being attended to. Perhaps it was poor judgment on Teds part but guano happens. We learn and we move on.

BL
Grandpa Caver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian Leavell
NSS #: 21862FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Postby John Lovaas » Sep 25, 2005 9:48 am

To DoesNSSCare-

The letters you posted here were posted on the previous version of the NSS Discussion Board. The issue was discussed and resolved on the previous version of the NSS Discussion Board.

I'm unaware of anything you may have contributed to the discussion(which occurred 5 months ago), for your rather absurd username would have stuck in my craw then.

One person from one grotto screwed up on one event's garbage issue. And it was resolved 5 months ago. What does the NSS, and the participants in this discussion board, have to do with it now? Looking forward to a reasoned and well thought-out response.

jl
John Lovaas
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby JackW » Sep 25, 2005 11:50 am

John Lovaas wrote:Looking forward to a reasoned and well thought-out response.

x2

Although I'll be surprised if a) the initiator of this thread responds b) if it meets the above criteria. There seems to be a handful of people who log on here and then slam the NSS, Grottos, members, etc., and then disappear. What is with that? They are not just limited to people outside of the NSS, one poster with an insulting generalization is a Fellow of the Society.

I’m not advocating censorship on these people but how about a little reasoned defense by the members against these people?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support your local caving capitalist!
JackW
Prolific Poster

Name: Jack Wood
NSS #: 42272
Primary Grotto Affiliation: FRG

Postby Pippin » Sep 25, 2005 6:33 pm

Wasn't SpeleoFest Memorial Day weekend? Sounds like is a long-dead topic, especially since the guy who made the error corrected it. What does this have to do with the NSS anyway? Get over it.
Pippin
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 22545

Return to Caver Events