OTR 2011

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

OTR 2011

Postby cavemud2 » Sep 6, 2011 7:50 am

So I made it back from OTR just a little bit wet and allot sore and tired. The pavilion is very nice and everyone did a wonderful job on it. A few of us volunteered to work the front gate on Friday and we had a blast doing it. We will for sure have to do it again next year. I can tell ya working the gate on Fri night is a great way to meet people and start the night off right with all the donations from the people coming in. And they did the Randy Gandy this year which was fun. Although there was allot of people that didn’t show up it was still a very good time. So did everyone else have fun? What did you like about OTR this year?
Randy Gandy Club 2011 :bat sticker:
cavemud2
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 62,925
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Parkersburg Area Grotto

Re: OTR 2011

Postby Dwight Livingston » Sep 6, 2011 8:54 pm

Hucklebuck was the band Friday night - my first time hearing them - and they were awesome. Great sound and good guys.

Commander Cody was on Saturday, and while they were fun to see, their sound guy probably ought to be taken out and shot.

Dwight
Dwight Livingston
Dwight Livingston
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 27411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Baltimore Grotto

Re: OTR 2011

Postby nathanroser » Sep 8, 2011 9:27 pm

Sunday night's band played the best music in my opinion. I didn't get in until after midnight Friday so I have no clue how the band was. Obstacle course Saturday night was rough. And while the Randy Gandy was rather small this year, there were still a lot of people going to the sinks in a very much un-randy manner.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Return to Caver Events