34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

Postby TNcavechik » Sep 30, 2011 10:52 pm

graveleye wrote:
wendy wrote:So I need to start figuring out what caves I wanna go to during the fall cave-in. I am still outta shape, so I am looking for nice easy walking passage cave without miles of walking back up the mountain to get back to the car. I know I am asking for a lot. lol Does anyone go to Monteagle Saltpeter Cave? Any other suggestions, or anyone going anywhere and wouldn't mind me tagging along?

I am leading a trip to Long Island Saltpeter Cave for Cave-Chatters and folks from out of town. The trip will be limited to 10 people, so I have 8 openings left.
It's about an hour from the Cave-In site, mostly walking, but some crawling and a couple of breakdown climbs too. Trip will be about 3-4 hours long.
If you want to go, PM me and I'll send the release forms to you.

what day are you thinking for this trip??

Kathy
TNcavechik
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham

Cave-In special weather bulletin!

Postby kvart » Oct 2, 2011 9:14 am

kvart

NSS #: 32846

Postby Chads93GT » Oct 2, 2011 10:37 am

Great camping temps no matter what.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Oct 2, 2011 11:00 am

TNcavechik wrote:
graveleye wrote:
wendy wrote:So I need to start figuring out what caves I wanna go to during the fall cave-in. I am still outta shape, so I am looking for nice easy walking passage cave without miles of walking back up the mountain to get back to the car. I know I am asking for a lot. lol Does anyone go to Monteagle Saltpeter Cave? Any other suggestions, or anyone going anywhere and wouldn't mind me tagging along?

I am leading a trip to Long Island Saltpeter Cave for Cave-Chatters and folks from out of town. The trip will be limited to 10 people, so I have 8 openings left.
It's about an hour from the Cave-In site, mostly walking, but some crawling and a couple of breakdown climbs too. Trip will be about 3-4 hours long.
If you want to go, PM me and I'll send the release forms to you.

what day are you thinking for this trip??

Kathy

We'll meet around 10-10:30 am Saturday morning. I only have a couple more openings so let me know if you are interested.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby KeyserSoze » Oct 2, 2011 8:55 pm

Is there going to be an all day food vendor on site? I'm trying to figure out what I need from the grocery.
This signature is really funny
KeyserSoze
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61069
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby graveleye » Oct 3, 2011 2:23 pm

I remember last year they didn't start serving dinner until 5 or 6pm and I was starving to death.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby mgmills » Oct 3, 2011 4:22 pm

graveleye wrote:I remember last year they didn't start serving dinner until 5 or 6pm and I was starving to death.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grillin-T ... 9188150297

This is the link to the facebook page that has a menu and hours. But for those who don't want to go to the FB page hours are below:
Breakfast 7 AM - 10 AM
Lunch 11 AM - 2 PM
Supper 6 PM - 10 PM

Services starts with supper on Thursday.

Hope this helps.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Home! And sorting photos.

Thought ya'all would like this gif animation i made of four of the lighting the bonfire...

If you look the 3rd frame has the sound shockwave!!! I caught it on camera! Remember that loud BOOOM!? yup that was it! Captured by yours truly on film. Just barely, you see it best in the upper corners.

Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby mgmills » Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Sungura wrote:Home! And sorting photos.

Thought ya'all would like this gif animation i made of four of the lighting the bonfire...

If you look the 3rd frame has the sound shockwave!!! I caught it on camera! Remember that loud BOOOM!? yup that was it! Captured by yours truly on film. Just barely, you see it best in the upper corners.

Nice shots!
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby kvart » Dec 24, 2011 9:23 am

The Executive Committee of the DCG approved 11K in grants at this month's meeting. Details of those projects and their award amount will be posted soon. Brothers and sisters of mud, where else can you go and have a blast and still give back to the caving community?
I would like to thank each and every one of you for coming and hope to see you back in 2012!
Glenn Mills
ex-Cave-in Chair
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Previous

Return to Caver Events