34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Geocaching at TAG Fall Cave-In

Postby kvart » Sep 22, 2011 4:31 pm

TAG Fall Cave-In Geo Cache

There has been a lot of interest in a geocaching activity at the Cave-in so I have come up with one. I am not a geocacher, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. <groan> Actually, I have had a lot of help in putting this together by Scott Fee and John Law. John has professionally hidden the caches this past weekend. Here is the game, good luck!

There are five caches hidden, uh I forgot where, and inside these caches is a prize for the first ten cachers who find a cache. (Please be courteous to your fellow cacher and only take one) But, there is also a clue in each cache. You must find all five caches to piece together the clue. Also, there is a number painted on the inside lid of each cache, you must record the number on your score card. You must also log your name in each cache, the caches will be picked up and your name MUST be on each log. The person who finds all five caches and figures out the clue and performs that function with the quickest time wins the grand prize, a large SWAGO! Did I get your attention? You can pick up your score card at Registration and your caching begins! The caching ends when you figure out the clue or when the game is over. Remember, this is a timed event so don’t pick up your score card until you are ready to go caching. Cave-in opens at noon on Thurs, the caching begins also. The winner will be announced on Stage during awards Saturday night and be given the grand prize. Note: There will be no caches hidden at the Pavilion or on Vendor’s Row. This is not a public cache, the caches will be removed after the game. Game ends at 4PM Saturday. Oh yeah, there may be a clue hidden in this post.
Glenn Mills, The Chair
34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Re: 34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

Postby wendy » Sep 23, 2011 2:07 am

Looking for neighbors. I have a nice spot that I have used for the last 5 or so years, up the road between the spa and the bathhouse, almost to the end of the road on the left hand side. Right across the path from the "short bus grotto", so if anyone is looking for someone to camp with and you don't mind noisy but interesting neighbors, i have room for at least 2 more tents where i camp at. :campfire: :woohoo:
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 23, 2011 11:20 am

David, friend, and I might be camping up there again =)
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby wendy » Sep 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Sungura wrote:David, friend, and I might be camping up there again =)

Awesome, i plan to put out some pink flagging tape to mark off the area again. I'll have my palm tree umbrella next to my tent and screen room, so just look for it. I maybe helping with registration on Thursday if they let me.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 23, 2011 9:35 pm

okay sounds good! =)
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 25, 2011 5:45 pm

When are the art salon details going to be released?
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby wendy » Sep 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Do any cave chat members want to meet up for an 'official' meet and greet? Maybe Friday night at 8pm by the SCCi tent?

wendy
Global Moderator

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 26, 2011 10:35 am

I probably won't be there friday night. Maybe Saturday sometime?
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby kvart » Sep 27, 2011 8:32 am

Sungura wrote:When are the art salon details going to be released?

sorry, but due to lack of staffing, security, and logistics, there will be no art salon. my web person's computer is on the blink so the web site may not be updated......
kvart

TAG Free Radio 99.9FM

Postby kvart » Sep 27, 2011 8:33 am

kvart

Postby kvart » Sep 27, 2011 11:27 am

http://www.chattent.com/2/post/2011/09/ ... mills.html

edited to add.....kids karaoke 6:30-7:30pm fri nite on the stage.
kvart

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Aww I won't be there friday night...and I sing well too!!!!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Okay. I need trip ideas. Whatever trip I do on Saturday is going to be my 50th!!!!!!! cave trip! So, it should be /extra/ awesome. I love white pretties in particular. Rimstone and bacon are my two fav formations thus far that I have seen.

Suggestions?!?
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Sep 28, 2011 8:36 am

If you are experienced enough vertically I would suggest going to Flowing Stone... You will not be disappointed. It is about 226 feet deep and has georgous flow stone at the bottom with a waterfall...

Also you could contact the State of Georgia Wildlife Division about access to ULLA if you haven't been there.
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am

I need to get my climbing up before I attempt something that deep...and get a full size rack methinks. Most I've climbed at once is a bit over 100ft and that really wears me out, yay frogging >_< lol.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events