34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

Postby kvart » May 31, 2011 10:02 pm

It's Cave-In time!
OK, maybe the actual TAG Fall Cave-In doesn't happen until October 6-9 this year but . . . .
Registration opens on June 1, 2011. To register go to the TAG Fall Cave-In website http://www.tagfallcavein.org/ and click on the link for registration. You can print out a form to mail in or you can register online.
The Cave-In also has a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/2010-TAG- ... 2620111084

I'm the Cave-In Chair for this year so if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me, Glenn Mills, at tagfallcavein@dogwoodcitygrotto.org

Thanks,
Glenn Mills
34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In Chair
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Re: 34th Annual TAG Fall Cave-In

Postby self-deleted_user » May 31, 2011 10:11 pm

So if I register online in 49 min can I be person #1? :D

Edit:
Oh. Oh that's boring. Here http://www.tagfallcavein.org/registration1.asp it says "click here" for registering online but there isn't any link it's not open. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

...I was totally gonna stay up to midnight to try and be person #1 to register too.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby cavermom » Jun 1, 2011 8:33 am

kvart wrote:It's Cave-In time!
I'm the Cave-In Chair for this year ...

There goes the neighborhood! :laughing: Hope you will still have time to vend your paintings. I love looking at them every year. Can't wait!
cavermom
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 43579

Postby Scoon1 » Jun 1, 2011 8:55 am

No online registration yet.........
Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Jun 1, 2011 10:06 am

There will also be another Photo Salon this year.... More details to come later...!

Kelly
^V^
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby kvart » Jun 1, 2011 12:02 pm

Sungura wrote:So if I register online in 49 min can I be person #1? :D

Edit:
Oh. Oh that's boring. Here http://www.tagfallcavein.org/registration1.asp it says "click here" for registering online but there isn't any link it's not open. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

...I was totally gonna stay up to midnight to try and be person #1 to register too.

everything is working, trouble is, my web man left his laptop at home and cant upload the link until at least 6PM EDT tonight.... :doh:
kvart

Postby self-deleted_user » Jun 1, 2011 12:45 pm

awww.

Well I'll get on in a few hours then.

It's so far away but I don't care. I AM GOING.

I should be living in the Atlanta area by then if all goes well anyway :D
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Bill Putnam » Jun 1, 2011 2:44 pm

Sungura wrote:I should be living in the Atlanta area by then if all goes well anyway :D

If you're not, get a cheap flight to Atlanta on AirTran and we'll give you a ride up to the Cave-In and back!

Loved your Speleofest trip report, by the way.
Bill Putnam, NSS 21117 RL/FE
Chairman and Chief Troublemaker
The Revolutionary Hodag Party - Thinking outside the cave.

The jackal can roar,
pretending to be a lion.
The lion is not fooled.
Bill Putnam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 21117
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Revolutionary Hodag Party

Postby self-deleted_user » Jun 1, 2011 2:54 pm

Bill Putnam wrote:
Sungura wrote:I should be living in the Atlanta area by then if all goes well anyway :D

If you're not, get a cheap flight to Atlanta on AirTran and we'll give you a ride up to the Cave-In and back!

Loved your Speleofest trip report, by the way.

'Tis how I get to TAG normally! Thanks for the offer! I'll be there no matter where I'm living :D And right now I have a $50 off AirTran flight because my flight back a few weeks ago had engine troubles and had to turn back around and land in Atlanta.

And glad you enjoyed the speleofest thread :)
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby kvart » Jun 2, 2011 1:32 pm

Sungura wrote:So if I register online in 49 min can I be person #1? :D

Edit:

you better hurry because online registraion is now up and running :banana_yay:
kvart

Postby self-deleted_user » Jun 2, 2011 2:42 pm

And there is error on it - it says SS and LS shirts both are $18 but in calculation it makes the LS $22. :((((

Hmmm long or short long or short...uh well I guess I'll stay long sleeved. I don't have many ls tshirt weight and it's perfect for cool tag evenings :)

But I want my $4 off! :P

Did I make it first? I was stalking the site, I kinda was drving home from work when you posted it's up.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby kvart » Jun 2, 2011 3:39 pm

Sungura wrote:And there is error on it - it says SS and LS shirts both are $18 but in calculation it makes the LS $22. :((((

Hmmm long or short long or short...uh well I guess I'll stay long sleeved. I don't have many ls tshirt weight and it's perfect for cool tag evenings :)

But I want my $4 off! :P

Did I make it first? I was stalking the site, I kinda was drving home from work when you posted it's up.

checking with my registration staff, i think that is a mis-print and LS are $22......besides, that's four more bucks to go to a worth while DCG Grant winner.

Hey folks, now is a good time for me to get on my soap box. We do make a profit hosing the TAG Fall Cave-In, but we pocket ZERO! Last year we made 13.7K and gave away 13K in grants to worthwhile caving projects. We turned around and are spending 2-3K on site improvements, for your comfort and safety.....do the math.

but the best part of the cave-in is the camaraderie. you can take away the bfbf and the awesome bands and still have a cave-in, but you cant take the people, and to me, that's what it's all about. i love the cave-in and have since my first one in 91. look fwd to it every year. i consider everyone there my family and look fwd to seeing each and everyone of you.

now, open up those wallets

:offsoapbox:
kvart

Postby self-deleted_user » Jun 2, 2011 4:30 pm

The cave-in last year was my first caving event ever. I was pretty scared to go but since my friend who got me into caving would go with me that helped...and I made lots of new friends, like Kelly! :D Definitely the best cave event I've been to thus far. :woohoo:

(I was joking about the $4, hence the :P but thought you should know of the error)
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby kvart » Jun 2, 2011 5:55 pm

Sungura wrote:The cave-in last year was my first caving event ever. I was pretty scared to go but since my friend who got me into caving would go with me that helped...and I made lots of new friends, like Kelly! :D Definitely the best cave event I've been to thus far. :woohoo:

(I was joking about the $4, hence the :P but thought you should know of the error)

thanks, i appreciate that, see any other descripancy, let me know.....and that is being fixed also

btw, first registrant was from Rochester Hills, MI.
kvart

Postby self-deleted_user » Jun 2, 2011 6:16 pm

THAT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D woot I made it #1!!!!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Next

Return to Caver Events