International Exploration Speakers Wanted

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

International Exploration Speakers Wanted

Postby mminton » Mar 30, 2011 11:21 am

We are looking for speakers for the International Exploration session at the 2011 NSS Convention. If you have been on a caving expedition to a foreign country and would like to share your adventure, please contact me at mminton at caver.net. Abstracts for talks are due by April 15, so don't delay. See you in Colorado!

Mark Minton
mminton
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 58116
Primary Grotto Affiliation: GVKS

Re: International Exploration Speakers Wanted

Postby pub » Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Kinda short notice but...

We have had half a dozen NSS members visiting our area just in the first part of this year for exploration and I know several of them will be attending the convention. Can you provide more information?

What the requirements are for a talk? I not sure if any of these members have ever given presentations to a large group (at least they have presented in their grotto). What format and how long should the talk be? What A/V equipments are available? What day will the talk be given (some will not be there for the whole convention)? etc. TIA!
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Return to Caver Events