NSS Convention update on caving in the area

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NSS Convention update on caving in the area

Postby Colorado Carl » Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm

A nice piece of vertical hardware was left at the decontamination station. If the owner can describe it to me, I'll make sure it gets back to him or her. There were also other less expensive items left behind at decon. If you can describe it, and I have it, and it's important to you, I can get it back to you.

Thanks to all the volunteers who helped me out at decon. Thanks to all the cavers and trip leaders who participated in trips with good clean gear and decontaminated their gear in the hot sun and (brief) thunderstorms. Employees of at least four government agencies came by to take a look at our decon station. Many of these same folks were at the High School for part of the week, and got a much better sense of what the NSS is about. I can only hope that that works in our favor as we grapple with WNS and cave access issues in the Rocky Mountain region.

See you in Lewisburg!

The Decon Cowboy
Colorado Carl
Infrequent Poster

Re: NSS Convention update on caving in the area

Postby Colorado Carl » Jul 31, 2011 2:26 pm

In addition to the piece of vertical hardware mentioned above, a pink/purple waterproof-breathable jacket has turned up in the decon gear, along with a pink umbrella. Also, a blue tether with carabiners marked with the initials RD has been found. Please let me know if these items are yours.

Carl
Colorado Carl
Infrequent Poster

Previous

Return to Caver Events