2010 TAG Fall Cave-in

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2010 TAG Fall Cave-in

Postby Anonymous_Coward » Oct 5, 2010 6:38 pm

Bruce has Howitzers. I just got some in the mail from him last week. Hopefully he'll bring some to TAG for y'all.
Andy Armstrong
American Carbide Council
Anonymous_Coward
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 45993RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Paha Sapa Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 10, 2010 7:21 pm

WOOOO that was fun!
Thanks Kelly for a fun trip to Anderson Spring Cave I'll let everyoneknow when my photos from the weekend are up. I got great shots of the bonfire too I'm going to animate because it's just that cool ;)

And thanks Wendyfor sharing your campsite! :D

And I don't think Mike and Pete are on this forum but if so - PettyJohns was a lot of fun!! And sorry I had to cut it short :( But ya both are cool froods.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Double posting to bump in case people read already...

....PHOTOS ARE UP! If you have me on fb (or are friend of a friend), you can find low quality fb crunched to smithereens versions there. Feel free to tag yourself if you find yourself, I'm lazy with that.

If you want to see GOOD quality photos, then head on over to my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/sunguramy

Don't shoot me...but I took about 200 photos in total :woohoo:

EDIT: Since flickr doesn't undrstand animations...here is my bonfire animation.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am

glad you had a good time. This was a great Cave-In!!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. We didn't stay in one spot very long!

We ran over to Long Island saltpeter Cave and poked around in there for a couple of hours. It was just the two of us and we had the whole cave and preserve to ourselves when we got there. That makes me a little nervous when it's us alone, so once again, I have not found the Super Tunnel in LISC. Oh well, I'll be back there in January.

But man, what a good time. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Oh, by the way, did anyone announce next years SERA? If they did, I missed it. Anyone know when and where it's going to be?
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby MUD » Oct 12, 2010 10:48 am

:big grin:
Indian build small fire, sit very close. White man build BIG fire, stand waaay back!
:rofl:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 12, 2010 2:52 pm

cavemud - hahahaha

And oops apparently it is Pettijohn not Petty John's. Someone just told me. How was I supposed to know? I only ever heard it said never written haha.

Anderson Spring was by far my favorite of the two. Water? Mud slides? AMAZING. :D

I don't like drops, I don't like feeling like if I slip I'm falllllllllllllllllling. I was with good people on Saturday at Pettijohns though, but eeps I am not sure I want to do that cave ever again, and I know we barely scratched the surface of it. The corkscrew and z-crawl were fine. Things like that are a fun challenge. Needing to use ropes to help climb up and down things? Holyfreakingshitnoway.Well, I did a few of them. But...not something I'm gonna be fast to repeat. I guess I really don't like much exposure at all.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Oct 13, 2010 9:54 am

I'm probably the only caver in TAG that's never been to Pettijohns but seems like I have heard of other routes you can take to avoid these climbs. Someone feel free to correct me here if I'm wrong about that.
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 13, 2010 10:31 am

You're probably right. We didn't have a map in our group, just one person who's been in it and did that route so it's the route we did. It got busier as the day went on (when we started out, there was 1 other vehicle in the parking area, when we came out, the parking area was packed!) and checked out maps that others had with them and from my glimpse of it, there are a ton of passages in there and gazzilion ways to go!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Oct 18, 2010 5:05 pm

and here is our little video of our TAG time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPOtsog0oU
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Cool looks like you had a good time!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tncaver » Oct 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice video Kevin. I especially liked that Allman Brothers tune along with the TAG fire.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Oct 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks! I'm a huge fan of the Allman Brothers band.
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Caver Events