Falkville (Lacon) Al. cave mapping needed

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Falkville (Lacon) Al. cave mapping needed

Postby Kevenater » Dec 11, 2005 9:22 am

I found 3 small caves up in the Lacon,Al area a few years ago, I highly doubt they're on the survey. Doubt anybody else even knows of them. Does somebody want to come map them? they're all kinda tight to get into, then all open into very large dometype rooms(for the area), with waterfalls in two of the three caves. Pretty cool caves for around here, also there are a couple others i know of the may not be on survery also near Lacon.(Exit 318 on I-65) in Alabama. If anybody wants to check them out and map them let me know. I havent been caving in a couple of years but i'm about to start back soon. Somebody needs to come map these caves before i forget about them again. Thanks
KEVEN
Kevenater
Frequent Poster

Name: Keven Williams
NSS #: 46794

Love to visit Lancon

Postby CaverScott » Dec 11, 2005 4:11 pm

Sure. Sounds like a neat area.

Care to send me your home number so I can call you?

scottfee at caves dot org
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Realms » Dec 11, 2005 10:50 pm

Did these happen to be near an old quarry? Visited some there about 15 years ago maybe. Like Scott said, sounds interesting. I am also interested. Send me a PM if you like. I'm 20 min away
never stop imagining what could someday come to pass...
Realms
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Kevenater » Dec 11, 2005 11:39 pm

The 3 I'm specifically speakin of, aren't close to the quarry, but I do know the caves, you're talkin about. The railroad put a second track in the area so it's hard to get to one of them now, but you still can, just alot of walkin. Maybe all 3 of us can get together some weekend, My number is 256 339-7077. I work night shift and i'm off from fri. morning till sun. evening, so fri even or sat is the best time to get me. These 3 caves are pretty tight to get into!! Thanks for the replies.
KEVEN
Kevenater
Frequent Poster

Name: Keven Williams
NSS #: 46794

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum