Registration form for 2006 Bellingham Convention

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Registration form for 2006 Bellingham Convention

Postby Caverdale » Aug 13, 2006 8:36 pm

Does any one out there have one of the original registration form for the 2006 Bellingham Convention that was handed out at the 2005 convention? If so, would you please post a list of all of the Geology Field Trips and the day of the week they are scheduled for. Thanks in advance.
Dale Green
NSS 3669FE
Caverdale
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dale Green
NSS #: 3669FE, LB
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Salt Lake Grotto

Re: Registration form for 2006 Bellingham Convention

Postby NZcaver » Aug 13, 2006 9:14 pm

caverdale wrote:Does any one out there have one of the original registration form for the 2006 Bellingham Convention that was handed out at the 2005 convention? If so, would you please post a list of all of the Geology Field Trips and the day of the week they are scheduled for. Thanks in advance.

I assume you realize the Bellingham Convention was last week - right? If you're planning to attend any geology trips, you're a little late - the last one was yesterday! :wink:

As far as I know, the 3 scheduled field trips went ahead as planned.

Canada (Sunday, August 6th) – requires adequate proof of citizenship to cross the border. Explores the Chilliwack region of Canada, one of the larger limestone/marble deposits in the Pacific Northwest.

Coastal Washington (Sunday, August 6th)– Explores the coast of Washington (Whidbey Island, Anacortes, Bellingham and the Chuckanut areas). Special attention to the glacial impacts in the Puget Sound region.

Washington – Alpine/volcanic (Saturday, August 12th)- Explores the volcanic North Cascades and the varied geology of the Cascade mountain range of Washington.

http://www.nss2006.com/act_geology.htm
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Caverdale » Aug 13, 2006 9:50 pm

NZcaver wrote:
caverdale wrote:Does any one out there have one of the original registration form for the 2006 Bellingham Convention that was handed out at the 2005 convention? If so, would you please post a list of all of the Geology Field Trips and the day of the week they are scheduled for. Thanks in advance.

I assume you realize the Bellingham Convention was last week - right? If you're planning to attend any geology trips, you're a little late - the last one was yesterday! :wink:

As far as I know, the 3 scheduled field trips went ahead as planned.

Canada (Sunday, August 6th) – requires adequate proof of citizenship to cross the border. Explores the Chilliwack region of Canada, one of the larger limestone/marble deposits in the Pacific Northwest.

Coastal Washington (Sunday, August 6th)– Explores the coast of Washington (Whidbey Island, Anacortes, Bellingham and the Chuckanut areas). Special attention to the glacial impacts in the Puget Sound region.

Washington – Alpine/volcanic (Saturday, August 12th)- Explores the volcanic North Cascades and the varied geology of the Cascade mountain range of Washington.

http://www.nss2006.com/act_geology.htm

I know all that. I was at the convention and just returned. I sort of went on one of the field trips. But that is not what I asked. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE BELLINGHAM CONVENTION THAT WAS HANDED OUT AT THE 2005 CONVENTION IN HUNTSVILLE FOR BELLINGHAM GEOLOGY FIELD TRIPS! DATE, DAY OF WEEK, AND NUMBER OF TRIPS ESPECIALLY. I do not want to go on another field trip. Is that clear enough? Thanks in advance.
Dale Green
NSS 3669FE
Caverdale
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Aug 13, 2006 11:08 pm

caverdale wrote:I know all that. I was at the convention and just returned. I sort of went on one of the field trips. But that is not what I asked. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE BELLINGHAM CONVENTION THAT WAS HANDED OUT AT THE 2005 CONVENTION IN HUNTSVILLE FOR BELLINGHAM GEOLOGY FIELD TRIPS! DATE, DAY OF WEEK, AND NUMBER OF TRIPS ESPECIALLY. I do not want to go on another field trip. Is that clear enough? Thanks in advance.

Crystal clear.

Sorry - I really was trying to help you out, but obviously the details of the actual field trips are not what you seek. FYI - the registration form in the June 2006 NSS News also tallies with the information I just posted, but I'm sure you already know that too.

Perhaps someone else still has the ORIGINAL REGISTRATION FORM to share with you.

Meanwhile, I suggest taking a couple of these... :chill: :chill:
Last edited by NZcaver on Aug 13, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » Aug 13, 2006 11:21 pm

ok obviously there has been some miscommunication in this thread and folks are upset about something at convention, and in the heat of the moment got carried away when posting. Haven't we all put a little too much emotion in a post or e-mail in the past?

If anyone has a copy of the original registration form that was given at the 2005 convention, could you please pass it on to caverdale?

Thanks

now everyone go caving :grin:
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby Caverdale » Aug 14, 2006 12:06 am

NZcaver wrote:
caverdale wrote:I know all that. I was at the convention and just returned. I sort of went on one of the field trips. But that is not what I asked. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE BELLINGHAM CONVENTION THAT WAS HANDED OUT AT THE 2005 CONVENTION IN HUNTSVILLE FOR BELLINGHAM GEOLOGY FIELD TRIPS! DATE, DAY OF WEEK, AND NUMBER OF TRIPS ESPECIALLY. I do not want to go on another field trip. Is that clear enough? Thanks in advance.

Crystal clear.

Sorry - I really was trying to help you out, but obviously the details of the actual field trips are not what you seek. FYI - the registration form in the June 2006 NSS News also tallies with the information I just posted, but I'm sure you already know that too.

Perhaps someone else still has the ORIGINAL REGISTRATION FORM to share with you.

Meanwhile, I suggest taking a couple of these... :chill: :chill:

Yes, I went through the NSS News for a registration form and saw the one for June. Actually, it DOES NOT tally with your posted info. Please look over everything written about the convention in that issue and see if you can somehow Divine that the Alpine WA trip will be held on the Saturday following the convention rather than the Sunday preceding the convention, as every other Geology trip in history of NSS convention has been held, to the best of my knowledge.
Dale Green
NSS 3669FE
Caverdale
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Aug 14, 2006 12:57 am

caverdale wrote:Yes, I went through the NSS News for a registration form and saw the one for June. Actually, it DOES NOT tally with your posted info. Please look over everything written about the convention in that issue and see if you can somehow Divine that the Alpine WA trip will be held on the Saturday following the convention rather than the Sunday preceding the convention, as every other Geology trip in history of NSS convention has been held, to the best of my knowledge.

I can't speak for the entire history of NSS Conventions, but I do know that things change from year to year. Not to split hairs, but the registration form in the June NSS News does not say which days the Geology Field Trips were scheduled for. It just lists the 3 of them, and what they cost. At the bottom it also says "Go to http://www.nss2006.org for more information or to register on line".

I gather you are upset that all 3 geology trips were not scheduled on the same day - the Sunday preceding Convention? I can't give an official answer, but can only assume this was done to simplify logistics and/or make it possible to attend more than 1 geology trip if so desired, or to go on the second weekend if otherwise occupied during the first. (You could try contacting the Convention Chair to find out for sure.)
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Wayne Harrison » Aug 14, 2006 5:42 am

Meanwhile, it's not too early to think about the 2007 Convention! :helmet:

If you are planning on getting a motel room, be advised the official convention hotel only has 38 rooms and they are already going fast.

"The Convention motel is the 38 room Days Inn (812-739-4805, mention NSS) located 5 miles south of the campground in Carefree. Additional motels, restaurants, and brand-name stores are located in Corydon, approximately 20 minutes from the Convention."

via http://www.nss2007.com

We'll see you there! :woohoo:
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby NZcaver » Aug 14, 2006 12:06 pm

Wayne Harrison wrote:Meanwhile, it's not too early to think about the 2007 Convention! :helmet:

:off topic: (But still good information.)

Perhaps you could announce this in a new thread?
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby Wayne Harrison » Aug 14, 2006 12:16 pm

Done. The site isn't completely up yet but here is the new thread:

http://www.caves.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18386
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby NZcaver » Aug 14, 2006 1:29 pm

Thanks Wayne - you're the best! :kewl:

Incidentally, I noticed the 2007 Indiana Convention has 3 geology/karst features field trips scheduled. One on the Sunday preceding, and two on the Monday of Convention.

http://www.nss2007.com/registration/preregflyer.pdf

So it would seem the tradition of Sunday-only geology trips no longer applies...
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum