Driver pays?

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby JohnL » Oct 14, 2005 12:19 am

If it's a sticky point with you then I suggest telling whoever rides with you that you would like some money before the trip.

I myself am easy going. If you help with the gas cool, if not..no biggie I was going caving anyway. The one thing I do require is either bring your own drinks or help chip in on the drinks in the cooler.. We stop at Wal-Mart and get a 12 pack or two of the Bubba colas or Root Beer which cost about 3.00 dollars a 12 pack so it comes out to about a dollar a piece.
Former member of the flashlight community
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby NZcaver » Oct 14, 2005 3:58 am

Hey Ralph - Actually for that trip, the gas cost came to about $10 each. So it ended up being $20 from me, and $10 from each of the paying passengers. If he gave me $5, at least I'd know he was making an effort. Like you said, lame excuse! :roll: And FYI - I might be from Middle Earth, but I'm living over here now... for a while, anyway. :wink:

JohnL - I'm not sure I'd say my expectation to split gas costs is a "sticky point" with me - I just think it's the normal and reasonable thing to do. Sure, having people chip in on food and drink is important too. If I was riding with you, I'd chip in for gas AND probably buy the sodas too... but they'd have to be real Coke... 8)
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Previous

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum