Left Helmet and Headlamp at Trout Caves, Franklin,WV

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Left Helmet and Headlamp at Trout Caves, Franklin,WV

Postby mdcaver » Jun 28, 2006 5:38 pm

I was caving in the trout and new trout caves this weekend and left my helmet and headlamp behing sitting on the fence at the bottom of trout rock where cars can be parked I was getting out of my caving clothes and put it on the fence and forgot about it until I got home. If anyone is going there soon or lives in the local area and happens to find it please return it to me. The helmet is a basic white construction helmet that has mountains and crystals that I drew on it, and the headlamp is a princeton tec apex w/ a grey and black strap. All help is greatly appreciated.
mdcaver
Infrequent Poster

Postby Sean Ryan » Jul 17, 2006 3:06 pm

The Trout Rock caves are very well-traveled. There's a good chance a guy with a flashlight found it, and is enjoying your stuff now. There's also a good chance a caver found it, and is enjoying your stuff now. Hopefully someone who hangs around here will hear who made a gear sccore at Trout Rocks at the end of June.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby mdcaver » Jul 18, 2006 11:27 pm

Hopefully that person is kind enough to give a fellow caver his light back. It is a nice light and I would love to have it back and I hope whoever finds it sees this message.
mdcaver
Infrequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Jul 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Question - was your name and/or NSS number, phone number etc inside the helmet? Or am I the only one who does that? :wink:

Have you tried posting a note by the cave with your contact details? You might get a call. A few years back, I found a near-new ascender that a rock climber left behind at a local climbing hangout. Since it was almost dark, and we were in a heavily-visited area, I did the logical thing and took it home. But I did leave behind a note on some duct tape with my cellphone number, and 2 days later I got a call from the owner - who described his missing item to me before driving over to pick it up.

Oh well, I had too many ascenders anyway. Sucks to be honest! :tonguecheek:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby mdcaver » Jul 19, 2006 3:18 pm

ctually the back of the helmet had my initials "CDG" on the back and all of my contact info was in the cave sign in book. If someone found it they could easily check the sign in book to match the initials with the names. Unfortunately I live in Baltimore so I am 5 hours away, cant just zip up there and look for it.
mdcaver
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum