Wells cave Kentucky

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Wells cave Kentucky

Postby barcelonacvr » May 24, 2006 9:26 am

I ran across a wonderful site on Wells cave (not the NSS page) and it had great information.I think it was maybe a local grotto page but my google fu is off today.Can any one recommend a good site for the cave?

Would the cave be suitable for some very experienced youngsters of below 4' persuasion?
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Lee.Florea » Jun 13, 2006 9:41 am

Contact the new Preserve manager, Larry Simpson, for more information about the cave.

lsimpson@fuse.net
Lee.Florea
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 37909FE, LF
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Green River Grotto

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jun 13, 2006 11:09 am

Basic info, photos, management plans, and preserve mangers' e-mail addresses for all of the NSS preserves are available on the NSS Web site.

On the home page http://www.caves.org/ click on "Nature Preserves."

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby barcelonacvr » Jun 13, 2006 9:43 pm

Thanks for the replies Cheryl and Iflorea.

I was just trying to help my friendly neighbourhood cave scientist gather information for a family trip with caving for the children involved.He is extremely busy so I have the time to search for him.I am sure he will contact the manager for good data.I had suggested Wells as I remembered the webpage I saw and the great descriptions.Easy access and variable passage with much perhaps suitable to children(they ran through the gunbarrel LOL)I remember it showing 3 distinct levels,some muddy some dry and a wet level.Unfortunately I cannot find the website now,I think it was a geocities site.At least I am pretty sure it was Wells cave :tonguecheek: .I was also interested in experiencing it as well.Some of the tunnels appeared rather large and the river entrance looked interesting.

It is not neccesary to do vertical to access it no?

Thanks for the assitance,much appreciated! :-)
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum