Caving chat room

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Caving chat room

Postby JustCantStop » Aug 8, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi All,

I'm a caver from Melbourne, Australia. I was wondering - are there any chat rooms (on IRC, or Discord, or whatever platform) for caving? In the interests of bringing cavers together from around the world, I thought a chat room might be useful, so wondering if one currently exists or not.

Cheers.
JustCantStop
New Poster

Re: Caving chat room

Postby David_Weaver » Aug 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi,
As you can tell from the lack of response, this old chatroom ain't what your looking for.
The r/caving sub-reddit on Reddit is a little more active, but still not the nerve center of international caving. Individual groups (grottos, projects, etc.) tend to have their own email list servers (and maybe discord servers, I don't know). But you have to be recognized by the group in order to gain access to the list.
David_Weaver
Occasional Poster

Name: David Weaver
NSS #: 53731
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Diablo Grotto

Re: Caving chat room

Postby Squirrel Girl » Aug 15, 2020 7:40 pm

David_Weaver wrote:Hi,
As you can tell from the lack of response, this old chatroom ain't what your looking for.
The r/caving sub-reddit on Reddit is a little more active, but still not the nerve center of international caving. Individual groups (grottos, projects, etc.) tend to have their own email list servers (and maybe discord servers, I don't know). But you have to be recognized by the group in order to gain access to the list.

I think this was spam that I accidentally didn't delete. I'm locking the thread. If something has hardship, send me a PM.
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum