NSS members disregarding caving proceedures

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NSS members disregarding caving proceedures

Postby eyecave » Aug 2, 2020 8:33 pm

as this has turned into what it has i have a landowner story........jim and marion smith gerald and i were exploring this deep pit that one of those first three guys had found...perty sure it was jim and jill on a massive ridgewalk
....we parked up on the main highway and hiked into the area of the pit which was below where we parked.........we found it in the middle of no where................we deadended the cave and i don't remember who exited first but they yelled back down the pit that there was an unusual situation at the entrance.......it seems that a pair of brothers owned and lived near the pit we were exploring.......upon exiting to two shotgun armed reds who were real interested in exactly what we were finding in that cave........i told them it was the adventure of exploration and they decided after forcing us to dump our cave packs out and they then went thru everything and ended up deciding that we were taking the magnetic needles on the one compass we had with us out of the cave....thats right stealing something they couldn't possibly understand.............because of that it was possible but it took a while before they believed us finally and we settled our difference amicably........after that we bought them some groceries and later when we camped near their house we would surprise them with treats........
Last edited by eyecave on Aug 2, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Re: NSS members disregarding caving proceedures

Postby eyecave » Aug 2, 2020 8:50 pm

got another story.......i am a chiropractor and quite good at what i do.....and this gentleman traveled a hundred miles or so to see me and what i did worked very well for him and he knew i was a caver and so some time later he told me he had uncovered a pit that he guessed was 80 feet deep.......no air or water; but it was on the top and on a point where the mountainside began and so i talked two more cavers into going up and checking it out and mapping whatever it was.....the first odd thing i noticed was that he had several pig pens that had wild boars and also goats...he never struck me as a livestock guy......the 80 foot pit was measured at 27 feet and a definite dead end.....no air no water.....disappointed we hiked back to his house and were invited in for liquid refreshment..............i was immediately aware of very troubling surroundings that my two friends were unaware of.....i am interested in many things and am very well aware of all the drawings, charts and things involved in the worship of satan....and we were in a room filled, indeed furnished and laid out for just that purpose........the wild boars and goats are used in upscale gatherings of satanic worship...we were in the home of a priest of satan..............as quickly as i could i shepereaded everyone out as our host brought out a mummified black cat to show to us...........as we drove away i was mentioned that i was a little rude.......until i started naming the purpose of the accourtaments that surrounded us....and what could have happened... ..
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Previous

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum